Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you ever been up in a helicopter?

For the 4 years I lived in Korea I frequently hopped helicopters to get from Seoul to my rural base.  

Esteemed Contributor

I did in Australia and NYC numerous times.  As a nurse, I helped transfer an ill newborn infant to another hospital.  I love being in the air....

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, once in Kauai.  I was in the middle rear seat and my stomach found the entire adventure very upsetting.

Frequent Contributor

I have  we flew up close to see Mount Rushmore ! I was probably 12 not sure it was fun exciting scary everything. I don't know if they do it anymore. I'd do it again probably it was fun.

maryJo Ut.

Honored Contributor

I have thought about it, but I'm hesitant for two reasons - one is that I'm extremely prone to motion sickness in almost anything that goes more than 20 mph, and the other is that there are a fair amount of crashes. I'd have to be super-motivated, and I'm not sure I could be that motivated.

I'm actually more motivated to try a hot air balloon, believe it or not, recent horrible crash notwithstanding. And since I posted previously in the recent balloon thread that I was now kind of off that as well - I don't think I'll be going up in a helicopter either.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

When I was a child you used to fly a helicopter from Orange County Airport (now John Wayne) to Los Angeles (LAX) to catch a plane to San Francisco.  Only short local flights went out of John Wayne at the time.  

Occasional Contributor

Re: Have you ever been up in a helicopter?b

Yes, twice - it was fantastic both times!  Im old - not a risk taker and never did I feel unsafe.  

My family took the Grand Canyon/Hoover Dam tour from Vegas.  We Landed in the Grand Canyon - had champagne and munchies - continued and our journey.  I was able to capture pictures at dusk when coming out of the canyon - they are so beautiful - I had several enlarged and framed.  The end of our first trip was straight down the strip - almost dark (we were running a little late) all the lights at that time of day were spectacular.  If you are taking votes - I vote to DO IT!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, before we married dh took me up in one - scared the daylights out of me! Never again!! 

Honored Contributor

Oh, don't misunderstand, it's just one thing I've never done. Heights!!! I went up visually in the one on Jurasic Park movie. That will do for me. LOL

Respected Contributor

While in Hawaii we were about to but the agent herself said she wouldn't do it because there had been too many crashes....