Regular Contributor

Have you ever been to a Lancaster, PA Mud Sale??? I'm thinking of going..

I will be in that area this coming weekend for a short vacation. I have been going for YEARS to visit this beautiful place, and I've only just come across these..If you've been, can I please ask you to post what they are about?? Is it an "auction only" type thing, or is it like a big yard sale??? Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Re: Have you ever been to a Lancaster, PA Mud Sale??? I'm thinking of going..

On 3/24/2015 lifeisgood said:

OMG! What I would give to just be able to go with you this weekend....we actually went to the Mud Sale in Lancaster a couple of years ago. It's absolutely like a huge auction, but not just one auction...there are numerous mini auctions within this one area. You can find anything from bakery items to buggies, and everything inbetween...and I do mean everything. Lovely handmade quilts, handmade basketsSmiley Happy, furniture, livestock, craft items, tools etc. This is a do not miss event....I highly recommend getting there early and making a day of it.

Quite often the ground gets muddy and you will need some good (but old) walking shoes or boots. Also, be prepared to park just about anywhere you can legally find a spot....parking is generally at a premium...one reason we got there early.

It would also be wise to bring something to carry your purchases, unless you get lucky enough to get a good parking spot.

Don't forget about the QVC outlet in Lancaster while you're in town too...that's generally my first stop when we get into town.

I hope you have a wonderful time...I'm so jealous (said while stomping my feet)

Thanks SO much! Yes..The Q Outlet is probably the highlight of my trips there LOL!! We are going to a concert at the American Music Theatre too! Thanks for the Mud Sale tips! I have never been to an auction--it sort of intimidates me I confess! But--I'm going in full-force LOL!!! I LOVE everything Amish!!! I'm hoping to buy an Amish-made piece of furniture this trip! You just cannot buy the same quality in our regular stores here! Don't be jealous, Lifeisgood!! Hop in your car and meet me there!!!

Honored Contributor

Been to Lancaster, not a mud sale.

Honored Contributor

Does any one know where in Lancaster this Mud sale is held?

Honored Contributor

I've never heard of this, but I am curious as to what it is about the mud there that makes it so saleable.

Valued Contributor

I'm from the area and admit I don't LOVE LOVE LOVE everything Amish. I am not a fan of pet mills, nor of domestic abuse. These things appear in all society, but are out of porportion in that community.

Honored Contributor

On 3/26/2015 Libbylady said:

I'm from the area and admit I don't LOVE LOVE LOVE everything Amish. I am not a fan of pet mills, nor of domestic abuse. These things appear in all society, but are out of porportion in that community.

Lancaster County, PA is one of the worst puppy mill counties in the US. Several years ago they wanted to build a puppy mill "palace" in our PA county and the dog club we're members of helped keep them out.

I'm not aware of the domestic abuse situation.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Valued Contributor

The pet mills get a lot of press. Family abuse is more hidden, and difficult to assist the women since they the women don't seek help until they must be hospitalized or flee. Coming into our world is almost as hard for them as staying at home.

Valued Contributor

On 3/27/2015 Libbylady said:

The pet mills get a lot of press. Family abuse is more hidden, and difficult to assist the women since they the women don't seek help until they must be hospitalized or flee. Coming into our world is as hard for them as staying at home.