Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever been in a real haunted house?

I hope I don't rankle the believers, but no, I don't believe in spirits of any kind (for those who imbibe, that's another story altogether). :-) I believe that death is the end and will continue to do so until personally proven wrong.

And with all due respect, everybody is welcome to weigh in here. I really didn't see anything other than a very strong first reply from @Katcat1, and believe me, she would be surprised that I say this. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

They re welcome to. They are not welcome to call people snide terms....

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No.  I do not believe in any of that "dark" stuff....not ghosts, not talking to dead people, not UFOs or aliens.  Just my feelings on the subject.

Honored Contributor

I have lived in a house with a human spirit who left the material world.  I saw him as did my youngest son.  He wasn't evil, in fact, he was helpful and saved my oldest son's life when he fell between the mattress and top bunk of his bed and was hanging by his neck.  That spirit woke me up.

When we moved out, a family with three small boys moved in.  Their youngest son saw the spirit too.

My youngest son has a couple of spirits who often live with him at his home. They seem to go for a while, but always come back.  His are bolder and he is often tapped on the shoulder and they drain his fully charged cell phones and they whisper and talk a lot.

He is not scared, he has noticed spirits since he was a youngster.

I am okay with this as long as they are human and not evil entities.  I often pray before I go to sleep and ask God to keep my family safe from all evil.

We never die, we only progress to a spirit world and leave the material world behind.  I think some spirits do not want to leave this world and they stick around.

I don't think these spirits are haunting a house.

If doesn't matter to me that some people don't believe.  I spent years hiding the fact that I saw what I saw for fear people would think I am crazy.

Honored Contributor

Not to my knowledge but I do think it’s quite probable they exist. 

Respected Contributor

Supposedly. A friend of mine many years ago lived in a house she and others said was haunted. It was a very old ranch house - not just ranch style, a house on what used to be a ranch. 

I used to babysit for her kids there. I hated the place because it was old and not in great shape and really disorganized, but I never saw or heard anything at all unusual. No cold spots, so strange sounds, no weird flicking lights, nothing seen out of the corner of my eye, no weird feelings, nothing.

Respected Contributor

DH and I think the builders wife who died here, has something to do with the lights that come on or off for no reason,

items showing up in odd places, and the smell of deep heat when neither of us uses it, nor do we own any.

Its been going on for years however, so we are not alarmed by it any more. We just say “Debbie is here again”

Esteemed Contributor

No.  I don't believe in such things and I certainly hope I'm never proven wrong.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

not that i know of, but i have been interested in going to the eastern state penitentiary in philadelphia. has anyone ever been there?

I've never been there myself @sunshine45, but my daughter has been there a few times around Halloween.  They always host a haunted house type event.  This year it's called "Terror behind the walls".  They have various haunted attractions and scary people.  

That's all I know about the penitentiary.  Is it rumored to be haunted?