Honored Contributor

Have you ever been in a real haunted house?

I haven't, but ,people I regard as truthful ,told me of their experiences with the paranormal..

One was a friend , who felt her house was on an old forgotten ,Indian burial ground. She saw the image of an Indian  male, appear in her home, more than once. It didn't frighten her. She said he appeared to be searching for something ,and just seem to dissolve into nothingness

Another was my sisters fil, who said his family was looking at a home ,(reputed to be haunted), for the purpose of renting it. One of her fil siblings said ,I don't believe in ghosts, and something spat right in his face. They we all so scared they ran from the house hand never looked back

Frequent Contributor

Re: Have you ever been in a real haunted house?

Yes ma’am I have. I know a lot of folks will say it’s all in my head so I don’t tell my story much to those I don’t know well.
My old house had ‘something’ there. I’d heard heavy, heavy footsteps walking down my hallway one time. My dog and cats all reacted. Thought it was my husband the cop coming home, but I found quickly that it wasn’t him. He thoroughly checked inside and out but found nothing. I’d hear voices too, nothing distinguishable but boy did it scare me. I heard what sounded like a woman’s voice humming a lullaby in my ear late one night. Rearranged my entire bedroom at 12am just because I did not want my bed near the window, where it had been when I heard the humming.
We were the second owners of this house. The couple who’d owned it before us had lived there for 32 years. My neighbors told me shortly after these events started, that the lady had passed away suddenly from cancer just months after moving. And the man passed shortly after her. I’d just assumed they’d come back to the place that had been so familiar to them in life.
Having said all that- I WON’T knowlingly live in a home where someone has passed. Knock me if you want- it’s just my preference.
Honored Contributor

I didn't know there was such a thing.

Esteemed Contributor

I dpn't like the term "haunted" as it brings up halloween pranks, imho.

I've had things happen in this house and in my other.  I just conidered anomalies as loving signs from someone specual who has passed.

The most recent "sign" that happened here (my childhood home) was a few months ago.  This house being around seventy years old needed updated plumbing.  At that time my friend (plumber) had been working downstairs in the laundry room.  For years the washer drained into this antique sink, but he installed a special drain between the washer/dryer 'cause these new machines are forceful and could blow out the drain attached to the sink.  The next day he was over in the workshop (across from the laundry room, installing a new h/w heater.  He had gone into the washroom to clean his hands and noticed the drain that he installed the day before attached to the sink

Needless to say because I had done laundry after he had left the prior day, he called me downstairs, questioning me about my moving the drain.  He seemed kinda upset. So went downstairs and demonstrated that I couln't even reach the drain pipe 'cause the w/d extend three feet, also almost as tall as me and there was no way I could have moved the drain.  He moved it back to where he had installed it the day before and was totally freaked out.  I then pointed out that this was my mother's laundry room and the drain hose had always been attached to the sink, so she must've thought it was in the wrong spot and moved it.  I then explained why it should be in the new place.  He was still a little edgy, but survived.  And, the drain hose has never been moved since.

Actually, my mother's presence made me feel good.  I know she's watching over me and I could certainly use all the help I can get now!

So "hauntings" are visits from our loved ones, helping us or sometimes just letting us -know they're looking out for us - i.e., they've got our backs!

Honored Contributor

No.  I don't believe in any of that medium or whatever you call it garbage.  The people that claim they talk to the dead have a way of getting info. out of the people and thus the Medium takes off with a story.  Who's the fool?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I don't think any of us said a thing about seances...

Honored Contributor

My grandfather grew up in a haunted farmhouse. I loved listening to his experiences after dinner. ♥️
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate and unkind.

Honored Contributor

My friend ,that had the Indian sighting's lived in Canada ,in one of the western provinces , that had a large First Nation population

She said, before he would appear, there was always something that happened ,like a picture falling off the wall, or a door slamming. He never seemed to be aware of her presence ,and it was like the house really didn't exist for him

Trusted Contributor

House is not haunted but I’ve had a few experiences. I would get strong cigarette smells. Someone would be standing next to me and not smell anything.

Sometimes it would be so strong my nose would burn. You know how it feels if you are right up close to someone who lights up. These incidences would last very briefly and not all the time but frequently.

First husband who had been a pilot in VietNam and gone down with his plane had been a smoker.

I had never smoked and neither had my current husband. We are also the original owners of our house so no smokers ever lived here. No lingering scents in the walls or house.

One time I was working out and as I got down on the floor to do my crunches a very loud sound of a match striking and the strong smell of sulfur hit right next to my right ear.  Didn’t scare me but startled me since it was so sudden. Here and gone.

Our current little rescue has reacted to things he seems to see.

I'm the only one in the house who has experienced this.

It very rarely happens anymore but I found myself missing that little bit of connection.

Doesn't bother me if no one believes it or thinks I’m nuts🙀