Respected Contributor

Re: Have you ever Mistakenly gone into the Men's or Women's Bathroom by Accident?

no big deal, if the men's room is available, and it is a single restroom, and there is a line, I just use the men's room. 

One day all this will go away like in other countries. They have separate toilets but everyone uses the common sinks, with no thought. 

What exactly are you going to see in a stall??  This is so laughable. Men have no trouble using a urinal and they have strangers on both sides. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Have you ever Mistakenly gone into the Men's or Women's Bathroom by Accident?

[ Edited ]

Yes, I have, thankfully the bathroom was empty. As soon as I walked in I saw the urinals, realized I was in the mens' room. turned around & walked right back out.

Honored Contributor

Almost! (more than once!)

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I have done that twice, Annabelle.  I am extremely nearsighted, and that skirt on the "ladies" symbol is not always visible to me. One time was in a dept. store in Dublin, Ireland--they had a slightly different icon and probably the name of the room in Gaelic. 

Both times there was no one in the Men's anyway and of course I left hastily--but got some weird glances from people who saw me leaving the wrong bathroom. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have dropped my cell phone, keys, and watch in toilets over the years.  Fished them all out and had to toss the phone.  The worst experience was I was in the right Ladies Room but apparently the other customer at the store was not.  I heard someone come in and glanced down when the noise hitting the water was a bit loud and saw that the shoes were pointed in the wrong direction.  They were facing the toilet and so obviously a man.  I froze.  He finished up and through the crack in my door I watched him leave and he was an older man who may just not have realized he went in the wrong door.  Still when I saw those big shoes going the wrong way---------- scary

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Not accidentally, but I have on purpose.  

Two single-occupant bathrooms side-by-side, women and men, like two powder rooms.  No one in the men's side; a line waiting for the women's side.  Heck, yes, I went into the men's side.    

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

LOL, OMG yes!  Once many years ago, I was in a well-know chain restaurant in another area of town that I was not use to, and did not realize the restrooms were the opposite from the one we always went to, I go just inside the door when I saw urinals and said oops, and ran out the door, my DH had gone after me!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

In my much younger, wilder days I have gone in to the men's room - and it wasn't by mistake - just couldn't take those womens rooms lines!

LOL my husband ( who was my boyfriend at the time) took me in one once, in a bar. Then he stood guard at the door refusing to let anyone in. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

About five years ago I saw a man in the ladies dressing room at Kohls. I don't know if he was security or what. He wasn't dressed like a female and it made me feel uncomfortable. I walked out and found another fitting room. He was the only person in there besides me.