Honored Contributor

Re: Have you dined inside a restaurant

Yes. Just ate lunch at a restaurant today.  We also ate there about three weeks ago with no problems. They're really good about following all the health guidelines. We're selective though about where we go.

We also occasionally get takeout.  Everyone has to do what s(he) is comfortable with.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

No. I live in Arizona. The restaurants are open, but I think it is too dangerous. You can't eat and wear a mask at the same time. A friend of mine met someone for lunch and said she was uneasy the whole time and won't do it again until this is over.

Honored Contributor

No, and don't intend to while this is going on.  I just don't feel safe and know that I wouldn't enjoy it.  I know people who have gone out to eat several times and they think its fine.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Yes, several times.  Our area was not hard hit. Covid has, however, like in many other areas, started to go back up so we may have to rethink it.  We keep up with our latest reports and act accordingly.     

Trusted Contributor

No and I don't feel comfortable eating outside either.  Tables would have to be farther apart for my liking especially in case someone coughs or sneezes while their mask is off.  I would also only be dining with someone who lives under my roof.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

Yup, BUT when we go to a restaurant we do outdoor dining. Only a few times I've eaten inside, it was early on when the weather was cold. No problems. I'm not about to let a virus run my life. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

No I have not...I don't think I will be able to enjoy it for a very long time.  We ate out 2-3 times a week before March so it has really been an adjustment eating at home everyday.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, and we don't plan on it any time soon. We did get take-out pizza once a few weeks ago and felt uncomfortable just with that. The idea of being in a restaurant is just ridiculous for us at this point.

I'm cooking and baking and it's not really a problem. Every Friday night is pizza night and I make the dough ball on Thursday afternoon and let it rise overnight in the fridge. I'm still baking our bread and rolls, too. On those nights when I throw my hands up in the air and say, "Honestly, I don't want to cook tonight!" DH takes over. Even if it's just a salad for supper, I'm happy if I don't have to make it. And then I'm good again for a while and will cook with no complaints. 

We only grab groceries once a month (or when the cat food supply gets low). Thank goodness for our freezers in the basement.

For now? This is working. No way are we going out into that mess.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

No, and don't intend to while this is going on.  I just don't feel safe and know that I wouldn't enjoy it.  I know people who have gone out to eat several times and they think its fine.  

I agree with @AngelPuppy1 .  We haven't gone out to eat and I don't think I could enjoy it with all this going on.  We have ordered take out and enjoyed eating at home. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, but when I went our state had hit Phase III - and the restaurants were doing what was necessary according to guidelines.  Fast forward to today - NO, I'd not go.  I'm in VA and they say today our Gov will make an announcement - bc our numbers have spiked.

I HATE wearing masks but I do it bc I want to be able to get back to some sort of normalcy and I don't see it happening here.  Huge argument now about whether we are going to open schools in a few weeks.  I'm guessing that there will have to be more than one option bc that's already a very heated argument.