Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you dined inside a restaurant

I have a couple of times.  Seating capacity was at 50% and employees were all in masks.  I felt safe.  I have ordered curbside delivery and gone through drive-thru's a lot though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

No I haven't and probably will not. Just think that whole dining in is a disaster waiting to happen as are so many of the early openings of this whole country. should have stayed closed --common sense decision but then common sense is not this country's strong suit lately.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I have been to 10 different restuarants since they re-opened mid--June.  And DH has also.  We have always eaten out on weekends and during normal times (by that I mean lunchtime when working everyday) but not together.  We still eat out at lunch about 3 out of 5 weekdays.  Uually different places, so he has been in restaurants I do not like, so the number of restaurants we have been in would be more than 10.

Restaurants using disposable menus, social distanting of booth/tables, employees all masked.

I do not feel in the least uncomfortable.  Of course we live in a county with low virus cases.  We used to like going into the city (different county) but will not do that now because of virus case loads.

DH has a Dr appointment in the city tomorrow and our favorite restaurant is there.  Usually I would go with him and we  would eat there.  Not now, I am not going along and he will come directly home.

Respected Contributor

We have been dining indoors since the moment they allowed it. It's been great.  Most of the time we are either the only table or one of just a few.  All the owners tell us people really don't trust it indoors. We'll see what happens come fall and winter.  There were only two instances where all indoor dining was full and that was due to rainstorms.  I find it hilarious that these people who don't feel safe eating inside suddenly feel safe eating inside if it's raining!  The waiters all complain about the masks and gloves to us.  They hate it so much and everyone fusses endlessly with their mask.  We eat out 2-4 times per week and with the boiling hot summer weather it's been all indoors. So far, so good.  I have heard that air conditioning helps clean the air, not spread the virus.  There was that one crazy story from China about the air con spreading the virus, I have never heard of that in the US or certainly not in my area.  It is my impression that the big problem is maskless people congregating at bars in tight quarters and essentially breathing all over each other, talking, laughing, etc.  The places we go don't have that scene so I feel safe.  

Honored Contributor

No, we haven’t been inside a restaurant to eat since Fat Tuesday. I love eating out so this is one of things I’m missing a lot. We are trying to support restaurants with carry out orders once a week. Our restaurants recently scaled back from 50% to 25% indoor capacity due to spike in the number of cases.

Super Contributor

I wouldn't consider dining inside or outside a restaurant.  While I love eating out and trying exotic cuisines, restaurants are now a low priority and not worth the risk, in my opinion. 

Esteemed Contributor

I also think it's too risky right now.  I have started getting more take out in the past month.  I miss eating out.

Esteemed Contributor

We have a few restaurants that have these domes for cold weather dining. But maybe some of that PPP money could have been used to create air-conditioned and heated bubbles to ensure social distancing.

best-igloo-dining-restaurants.png

Respected Contributor

Yes, several times.

Respected Contributor

I count 47 saying no to inside dining, 27 saying yes to it currently, and 13 who say yes but not now or do outside dining only or do carryout/takeout regularly. I could have miscounted here or there, but think I got the general gist of it right.