Valued Contributor

Re: Have you dined inside a restaurant

No. Last time we dined inside a restaurant was on March 2nd when everything went eerily quiet like a quiet before the storm. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

No. Here restaurants can only have 25% capacity indoors (some have outdoor spaced seating but not our favorite places -those have take out only yet).Not going after hearing stories of people not following rules of masks on inside before and after sitting down, and some tried to put tables together at outside places and arguing ensued at places. Wont be going to movies either because people wont listen to mask rules (except when eating). So we get take out food on occasion which all restaurants offer. Its ashame some ruin it for others because they cant follow rules of distancing and mask wearing unless seated at tables/seats. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

No, I haven't-Lots of take out though.

Honored Contributor

@DooneyGal2 wrote:
I'm sure once the election is over the pandemic (NOT THE VIRUS 100%) will go away. JMO. Not the new normal forever.
We have gone to a couple restaurants inside dining, but wasn't overly thrilled with the experience ~ Mainly do outdoor dining so as not to be dealing with shower curtains (?!) or plexiglass between booths/tables though the shower curtains is truly weird and in my opinion, gross and not at all appealing lol (though I understand they're doing what they need to do).
I have been really enjoying the outdoor dining but even Pre Covid, I did in the summer.

@DooneyGal2, I have no idea what this means.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

No.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Trusted Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Sapphiregal 

I will be surprised of mask mandates go away. I can’t think of a realistic situation where they might happen. I can more easily envision a nationwide (even global), permanent mask mandate. 

There isn't expected to be a highly effective vaccine, much less a mediocre one that everyone will get. It isn’t going away ever and there will be more, probably much worse than COVID-19, as hard as that is to imagine. 

I hate masks and I am good at avoiding situations where I have to wear them. Of course, that means avoiding people. I don’t like avoiding people!

But I really do think masks are here to stay. And if they aren’t, I think we will regret it when another pandemic comes along on top of this one.

@willdob3 

Oh, I would have to disagree with that. There will come an end to the mask mandate. Now, that's not to say there still won't be people wearing them because they feel a sense of protection from them. Someday, it may be awhile , but, we will look back on this pandemic and realize it should have been treated in the same manner in which we have dealt with every other type of fluenza, virus, SARS,  whatever you want to fill in the blank with. Even without a vaccine yet, there are more people recovering from this virus than there are deaths from it. We have vaccines for just your usual flu (the strain seems to be different every year , so sometimes the vaccine you receive does nothing to prevent you from contracting it) but, yet, people do die from it. The panic over this Covid19 has been unbelievable. I know I will catch some flake for this post, but just expressing my thoughts. I'm really tired of hearing about nothing but Covid19.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Esteemed Contributor

Still no. I went in a store yesterday and overheard the clerk telling another customer she is just hoping and praying she won't get sick. Everyone was wearing masks, but it is still a conrn.

I have only been inside a store a handful of times in since this started.

Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Sapphiregal 

I will be surprised of mask mandates go away. I can’t think of a realistic situation where they might happen. I can more easily envision a nationwide (even global), permanent mask mandate. 

There isn't expected to be a highly effective vaccine, much less a mediocre one that everyone will get. It isn’t going away ever and there will be more, probably much worse than COVID-19, as hard as that is to imagine. 

I hate masks and I am good at avoiding situations where I have to wear them. Of course, that means avoiding people. I don’t like avoiding people!

But I really do think masks are here to stay. And if they aren’t, I think we will regret it when another pandemic comes along on top of this one.

@willdob3 

Oh, I would have to disagree with that. There will come an end to the mask mandate. Now, that's not to say there still won't be people wearing them because they feel a sense of protection from them. Someday, it may be awhile , but, we will look back on this pandemic and realize it should have been treated in the same manner in which we have dealt with every other type of fluenza, virus, SARS,  whatever you want to fill in the blank with. Even without a vaccine yet, there are more people recovering from this virus than there are deaths from it. We have vaccines for just your usual flu (the strain seems to be different every year , so sometimes the vaccine you receive does nothing to prevent you from contracting it) but, yet, people do die from it. The panic over this Covid19 has been unbelievable. I know I will catch some flake for this post, but just expressing my thoughts. I'm really tired of hearing about nothing but Covid19.

@Sapphiregal 

We don’t have a mask mandate yet & haven't had one nationwide. And where there is one it is often not enforced. There really isn’t much right now to do away with.

I do hope that the situation changes so that it is eventually safe for us all to stop wearing masks but I suspect we will all have to start wearing them first. Bits and pieces of the country here and there with mediocre compliance simply isn’t working. 

Two years from from now I really hope we are not wearing masks and that the reason is that we don’t need them. But I am not in the kool-aid drinking “it will disappear on its own!” crowd. And experts tell us there are likely worse viruses coming our way in the future. Kind of makes me glad I don’t have a crystal ball...

Honored Contributor

I've been surprised that there aren't more reported cases among retail workers with how many people they are in close contact with so  on a daily basis and I doubt they have top of the line masks like hospital workers. 

Trusted Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Sapphiregal 

@willdob3 

@Sapphiregal 

We don’t have a mask mandate yet & haven't had one nationwide. And where there is one it is often not enforced. There really isn’t much right now to do away with.

I do hope that the situation changes so that it is eventually safe for us all to stop wearing masks but I suspect we will all have to start wearing them first. Bits and pieces of the country here and there with mediocre compliance simply isn’t working. 

Two years from from now I really hope we are not wearing masks and that the reason is that we don’t need them. But I am not in the kool-aid drinking “it will disappear on its own!” crowd. And experts tell us there are likely worse viruses coming our way in the future. Kind of makes me glad I don’t have a crystal ball...

@willdob3 

I live in Texas and our Govenor Abbott did issue a mandate that masks be worn when in the public. You are right that it is not enforced everywhere, but, most places, it is. I feel sorry for those that work with the public and have to wear them all day long. School kids have to wear them while in school for the majority of the day. A mask in this August Texas heat is suffocating!

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.