Honored Contributor

Re: Have you dined inside a restaurant

No.

We very seldom eat out anyway.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Indoor dining in my city has just been stopped because of an uptick.  They'll reconsider in September.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

We haven't dined inside or outside - we just don't feel comfortable. We enjoy dining out but it isn't a necessity and it's not worth risking our health.

We have, however, gotten take out and have used drive-thrus.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

I count 47 saying no to inside dining, 27 saying yes to it currently, and 13 who say yes but not now or do outside dining only or do carryout/takeout regularly. I could have miscounted here or there, but think I got the general gist of it right.

@noodleann, what about those who won't dine inside or outside? I'm sure that I wasn't the only one. I'm also one of the few who doesn't do takeout either.

You're welcome to tot up whatever categories interest you. I saw no reason to break down such a small sample any further.

Cool, @noodleann. I mean, seriously, chill. I wasn't attacking you.

Heed your own advice, @suzyQ3, about "chilling." I didn't feel attacked and I didn't respond as if I was. I just suggested you do the work you want done yourself. Radical, eh? LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I would not feel comfortable yet as several restaurants that did reopen had to close again since their servers contracted the virus.

And, we are a hot spot and still have way too many tourists coming.

Honored Contributor

I don't really care what anyone else is doing so those who say they won't dine inside now or those who say yes, makes no difference to me. This weekend our town will close off the Main Street where restaurants and shops are for eating and shopping. Trying to get things up and running. Since the street will be closed restaurant seating can really be expanded as compared to the outdoor seating before. 

I think it will be very crowded so will not be attending. I can wait. Also we only dine outside during the week. Weekends are too crowded as we have many restaurants on the water and they are very popular. 

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Yup, BUT when we go to a restaurant we do outdoor dining. Only a few times I've eaten inside, it was early on when the weather was cold. No problems. I'm not about to let a virus run my life. 

Would you rather have a virus end your life?

Trusted Contributor

A Dr. today on MSM tv said there is 20x risk of contracting the deadly Covid-19 eating inside a restaurant  instead of eating outside.

Honored Contributor

No.   I have ordered to take out and I have food delivered.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't dined out in a restaurant since the middle of February. I was not feeling well from January to March, but we did go out to sort-of-celebrate Valentine's Day. We went to a Mexican restaurant and I nibbled on chips and salsa, and ordered a small order of Empanadas which I didn't eat. That was it. Six months without dining out.

That's INSANE!!!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett