Honored Contributor

Re: Have you dined inside a restaurant

We havent dined in or carried out and do not expect to for a year or so. 

QVC Customer Care
Respected Contributor

No, and I don't have any plans to do it any time soon.

Respected Contributor

I have not eaten at restaurant since the beginning of March.  I also haven't gotten any takeout food.  I cook at home.

As some others have said, I don't plan to change this for some time.

Honored Contributor

We have not 'dined in' (although hubs recently met a friend to eat socially distanced outside on a restaurant "terrace"  (our town sidewalk, ha).   Other than that, we've pretty much done take out.

I cook a lot, but we love to get takeout here and there on the weekends, and have been doing that maybe since mid-March?  We also have some cherished local restaurants that we wanted to support through their forced economic shutdown, which has so severely affected once-booming busineses.

Just like with bringing groceries in, I sanitize like crazy, dispose of restaurant cartons quickly, and also zap the food briefly in microwave, thinking it can't hurt, and it might help neutralize any virulent bugs that might be around.  We've tried to strike a balance by taking what we think of as sensible and moderate precautions.  

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@pprmntstx wrote:

Yet?

@pprmntstx 

Not yet. Ask me in 3 weeks and the answer may be different. 

My brother will be stopping on his way to the airport (he lives in another state & had other family business in Florida) and we have reservations to eat out on my lunch break. Assuming Florida is still allowing indoor dining at that time. We haven’t seen each other in years. 

It is is an expensive restaurant and we are hoping that will help to keep the dining room pretty empty. He has been staying home for 5 months and this short trip he has to make will be hard, I’m sure. 

I have no no desire to eat out right now, not even in one of the best restaurants around. I do want to see my brother though; it will be strange to see him and not be able to give him a hug.

@willdob3 

I hope you and your brother will be able to meet for lunch as planned. It will be nice if you can take some selfies for remembrance. Best wishes to you!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

We have not 'dined in' (although hubs recently met a friend to eat socially distanced outside on a restaurant "terrace"  (our town sidewalk, ha).   Other than that, we've pretty much done take out.

I cook a lot, but we love to get takeout here and there on the weekends, and have been doing that maybe since mid-March?  We also have some cherished local restaurants that we wanted to support through their forced economic shutdown, which has so severely affected once-booming busineses.

Just like with bringing groceries in, I sanitize like crazy, dispose of restaurant cartons quickly, and also zap the food briefly in microwave, thinking it can't hurt, and it might help neutralize any virulent bugs that might be around.  We've tried to strike a balance by taking what we think of as sensible and moderate precautions.  

Sounds like you found the balance.  I would probably be ok with eating restaurant food I could nuke.  But I really like Subway veggie subs, and no way do I trust that those fresh veggies are always uncontaminated!  

Esteemed Contributor

Not inside. We support our favorite restaurants with carry out. Tried to eat on patio for breakfast once and it was 9 AM and temperature was already quite warm. Kept masks on while waiting for food. Switched our order to carry out. Besides, the atmosphere we enjoyed was missing. It was one of those cafes where you generally see someone you know.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

No but we have had take-out two or three times. We use to travel quite a bit but haven't been anywhere in months.

I miss my Thai food and eating at Red LobsterWoman Sad

Contributor

No. The last time I dined inside a restaurant was in February. I really do miss it, but I don't feel comfortable dining in.