Honored Contributor

Have you decorated outside your home this year?

I think for next year, I'd like to try that.

Can we string berries for birds?  I have a small tree I could do that with.

What color lights do you have on any tree(s) and bushes?  I'd like some of those beautiful blue ones I see.  In the snow, I think they'd be so pretty.  

Or do you have those inflatable characters?  It's so sad when I see some around this area who are flat.  Bet that's a lot of work to keep up with those.

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you decorated outside your home this year?

Yes.  On our red door, I have a green swag with a beautiful red with black netting velvet ribbon wrapped through it and 2 large cherubs added as accents.

There is also a large basket made from lawn timbers that is filled with red poinsettias.

Honored Contributor

Used to do more, but now we limit it to our front porch and planters on each side of garage. My personal favorite is a neighbor who puts mini lights (white, green and red) on shrubs, wreaths and pine tress. He had a metal nativity sculpture in the peak of his garage that is illuminated with white icicle lights. It might sound like too much, but it really is tastefully done.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We use to do more, but cut down.  We still do some.  We put them on the front of the house on the gutters and the rails on deck and inside.   We hang some window  stuff to show and lights up along with candle look lights in window as well.  Not tons but just enough to make it more festive. 

We do the inside up still.  Looks so nice.

My husband is unable to do all that any more so it is up to me but he helps where he can.  He is a big Christmas guy and me not so much but once I get rolling it kicks in.  Just takes me a tad longer to feel it.    I'm the kind who needs some snow.  I can remember many a time putting up lights and taking them down freezing.  

Last night went to a tree lighting and nicest weather one I've been to.

Respected Contributor

We decorate outside every year using red, white and green lights.  This year we added an inflatable.  This picture isn't the best but you get the idea.

20211204_074819.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

My DH does the outside. I do the lantern on porch. Not much but tasteful. He always runs lights on the deck in the back and you can see them for miles. 

Esteemed Contributor

We are in a townhouse so I have a wreath hanging on the door, a Flyer sled and a big ceramic pair of Santa boots with greenery in them on my front porch.   And of course, candles in the windows.   

Esteemed Contributor

We have a white colonial house in an old Connecticut town.

My DH decorates the outside.  We have candles in front windows, green swags with red bows at the base of all these windows.  

Our front door arrangement is based on two large wooden skis, with a wreath and bow where they cross.  A wooden flyer sled on the side, with a tiny pair of little girls’ white skates hanging from it.

My DH is a “very young 80.”  Those skis were his as a child.

The skates were worn by our DD.  We have a spotlight on our front door all year long, and candles lit in front windows all year except summer.

We are blessed to stay in our family home this long.  We do hire some help for heavy outside work.  DD and SIL would like us to think of moving to a senior community where they live, about an hour away.  “Thank you very much... but not yet.”

Honored Contributor

Our home is not visible from the road. I might hang a wreath on the front door,but that is about all.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Trusted Contributor

No, but my dang neighbors are making me wish I did.  I'll buy some lights after Christmas this year for next year.