Trusted Contributor

Re: Have you customized masks

@lovesrecess, just give them a heavy spraying with alcohol and then hang them to dry. It sanitizes the mask and you don't have to worry about fading or stretching of the ear loops.
Trusted Contributor

How about tying a knot in the too long elastic ear loops to shorten them?Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I decided that since this is not going to end any time soon, and we need to wear masks, that I might as well make it a fashion statement. I bought an assortment of plain and patterened masks that will coordinate with what I am wearing. Just trying to turn lemons into lemonade. There are some nice selections on QVC.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I prefer the cloth masks that are not pleated and come up a bit higher on the nose so my glasses fit over the top of the mask.  My husband prefers the ones that have ties because they don't interfere as much with his hearing aids.  I have been looking at buying face shield at least for him because of that problem.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox  I get my masks from headcovers and the masks fit very well. The ear loops are soft fabric and adjustable with a simple tug on the end of the string. I have one mask purchased from Etsy that has elastic ear loops and it is horrible - can’t wear it at all - so I may make adjustable ear loops for it using round shoe strings. 

The head overs masks don’t have metal around the nose but they fit well and really don’t need it. They also have a pocket for filters. 

Contributor

I bought a NY Mets mask from Etsy, even though there’s no baseball this year 😥. Thinking about getting a Beatles one next.