Honored Contributor

Re: Have you customized masks

I too thought the OP meant for fit.

However, regardless of what the OP meant, masks are going to be a part of my ensemble for the forseeable future so just like all my other clothing that is a necessity, I want my masks to be cute and functional.

Honored Contributor

@stuyvesant wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

My bad, @I am still oxox.  Sorry, I misunderstood.

But, I'm have seen statements about fashions in masks.  I guess that was in my head and confused with your post.  And I'm not saying it's bad to do a fashion statement.  It's all in where you want your money to go and how much expendable money you have.

@Mmsfoxxie I bought masks from Johnny Was because they were pretty.  They also satisfied my requirements for a cloth mask.  It was $25 for five masks.  That's how they sell them.

That was very cheap.  For me it's a fashion statement.  It's just a plus that they were so cheap.

I bought the Johnny Was masks too.  They're beautiful.  I also bought Tory Burch masks.  They're very nice.  There is a pocket of each to put a filter. 

I will be wearing masks for a long time,  maybe forever.  I want them to look nice.  We have a mask wardrobe now.  My husband and my kids all wear masks.  I've gotten them from Athleta for them. 

Honored Contributor

NOPE!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I find the disposable masks too big for my face and slip down a lot. What I do is make a little knot at the end of the elastic loops on both sides of the ears, I find it really helps.

Trusted Contributor

I got one of the makers on Etsy to make masks for me with ties instead of  ear elastic (which hurts my ears). I was very pleased with the results.

Respected Contributor

So often thought about (but not done) using marker to put smile on mask.  I just miss seeing smiles on faces out of politeness.

Honored Contributor

Good price, @stuyvesant.  My Red Hatter masks were two for $24, I believe.  One is purple, one is red and both have the pretty pic of a signature red or purple hat.  Hope I get to wear them, lol.  Activities are at a stand still now.  Seniors fear getting out in group activities right now.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

All mine are custom made by me, for me.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have to wash my masks after each wearing. I figured out they were making my face break out, so I hand wash and hang to dry. Hope everyone does that, especially in this summer heat. I have several masks that neighbors have made and given away to friends or anyone who asked for one via our neighborhood app. I need to make some more when I find some fabric. 

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva, ITA!!! We have to wear masks, might as well wear them fashionably!! I think the cotton masks are much more comfortable than the disposable masks too!😀