Respected Contributor

Re: Have you considered what it will be like if.....

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

No as I won't get it.  

Children seem to be mostly immune, 85% have few if any symptoms, and if the FDA will allow it, we have a cheap treatment that people from around the world say is super effective.  One of the top children's hospitals in the world says to get the kids back in school with no masks or social distancing.

My worry is that up to half of the positives are false positives, and having a common cold will likely test as a positive. 

I say this as someone whose father is in a facility with a COVID case.

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

No as I won't get it.  

Children seem to be mostly immune, 85% have few if any symptoms, and if the FDA will allow it, we have a cheap treatment that people from around the world say is super effective.  One of the top children's hospitals in the world says to get the kids back in school with no masks or social distancing.

My worry is that up to half of the positives are false positives, and having a common cold will likely test as a positive. 

I say this as someone whose father is in a facility with a COVID case.

@Blahblahvampemer

What is the cheap treatment, and which children's hospital made that statement?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I think I'll be wearing a mask in public for at least 2 years with or without a vaccine.

I think everything Dr. Fauci has said has come true.  For me in the beginnning it was hard to believe that ihis many people were going to die.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio Since I posted yesterday, there's been a headline that's got a lot of teachers talking. . .a superintendent in one of the Columbia, South Carolina, districts (Richland Two) announced that he tested positive.  Some people are alarmed because he says he's been social distancing, wearing a mask, and working remotely as much as possible.  If he tested positive under those conditions, imagine what it could be like in the classrooms where we're being told there will be no masks and possibly several students where social distancing will be impossible.

Another way life will be different in a Covid world is that we've been told there are salary freezes for teachers across the state.  Usually we get a step increase of about $1000 each year, but that's not happening this year.  As much as I'd like to have a raise, I don't mind because I'm just glad to have a job.  

Parents and teachers received surveys this week asking our input.  That's a good sign that they're listening and trying to meet everyone's needs, but I realize it will be impossible to please everybody.  It will be interesting to see how it all turns out.  There have been 4 models discussed in addition to the online virtual school:

1.  We all go back to regular schedules with a virtual school option.  Most teachers will do face-to-face instruction while a few will be in charge of online learning.

2.  We all stay home and do distance learning similar to how we did last spring.  (Lots of parents don't want that because they're working now and don't have child care during the day.)

3.  A/B day schedule where 1/2 the students go one day and the other 1/2 the next.  Teachers will be at school every day and have to do both face-to-face instruction and provide lessons for students to complete for online learning.

4.  A/B weeks where 1/2 the students go to school one week and the other 1/2 go to school the next week.  Again, teachers will be providing instruction to those in the classrooms, as well as to those who are working from home.  

A lot can happen in the next couple of months.  I'm just going to buckle my seatbelt and hang on because it's likely to be a bumpy ride ahead.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

As long as I can buy toilet paper, I'm good.

@SeaMaiden 

In a grim thread you made me smile 🥰

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

t will affect all of us! 

This has been considered and discussed a 100000xs on every platform. It's very unsettling & frightening. 

Listen to the experts- No one here knows anything about what's happening. We have to hope that the vaccine (likely in early 2021) will be efective! Until then, we need to ALL be sensible- WEAR MASKS and SOCIAL DISTANCE! People need to stop whining and start listening. I am thankful that Bill Gates and others are working diligently to help this country! We don't have enough testing and we aren't tracing and tracking.....So, we are in deep trouble! 

"WEAR MASKS and SOCIAL DISTANCE"....

Seriously, do we need to be told this post after post?  Like we don't already know this?  That's what we're talking about in regard to these Covid threads--just the same old same old tired lectures. 

Obviously, yes.  There are too many people who think this is all about them and their personal choices.  It's not.  It's about everyone.  What each person does impacts everyone they walk by, sit near, talk to, pay with cash, etc etc.  Those personal choices resulted in 127,000 other dead people in a matter of 3-4 months.  

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart And you harping about it on a message board nonstop is going to change things?  I agree with you and I wear a mask but dictating what others should and should not do is a moot point. And no need to keep posting the death numbers as we've all seen those everyday as well.

Honored Contributor

I have come to terms that our lives have been permanantly changed.  I was definitely not a "stay-at-home" before this virus but have become one since.  I count my blessings - nice home with a garden to work in, good neighbors, family, etc.  I am not sure I would take an untested vaccine (but I always get my flu shot so I am not antivaccine).  I can't picture my life getting back to going to plays, movies, cooking classes, lunch and dinner out anytime soon.   

Esteemed Contributor

No, I hope for the best, follow CDC guidelines, get tested periodically and am doing well. I do miss my family and friends but I can only account for my own actions to be sure. So we touch base virtually. I live in a 340 unit condominium in N Jersey and our County was hit hard. Most neighbors are compliant but some are not so I stay clear of them. Oddly enough the older high risk people are less compliant than the young. I hope a vaccine will be available & that it will be effective and available to all either free or reasonably priced.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains religious content.