Respected Contributor

Re: Have you been visited by someone who's passed?

Reading all of these responses, I have tears in my eyes.  I'm so glad to know that many here have seen their loved ones and been comforted by that.

For those who doubt, that's fine, too.  I'm thankful for all of you who took the time to respond.

Frequent Contributor

Yes I have. My Father. And it was not a dream. A long time ago when i was 17 years old me and my Father were living in a House . The House had two appartments . One downstairs and one upstairs.I was living upstairs . I came Home from a trip to Danmark and I was gone for 7 Days. When i came Home at nigth i found my Fathers appartment locked .He did lock his appartment when he was alone and that was nothing unusual. I went to bed at about 2AM. I was not asleep when all of a sudden i saw my Father standing in my room . He was smiling at me . This lasted for a few seconds and then he disappeared. I was fully awake. I knew then something was wrong. A few hours later me and my mother who did not live in the House, called the Police to check on my Father. They broke open his Door and found him dead in his appartment. He WAS dead already for at least 5 days. So when i saw my Father that nigth he was already dead and i did not know it. He did visit me and i remember everything like it was yesterday . Now i am 56 years old.

Regular Contributor

I dreamed of spending time with my grandmother.  Nothing special just visiting, having a cup of coffee, etc.  When I woke up I felt so happy because I still miss her.  The surprising part was that the same night my sister had about the same dream.  We did not speak to each other, but each of us called our mother who lived out of state and shared same story with her.  I do feel she visited us.

Honored Contributor

I’ve gone to a psychic for years.   My mother and sister used to go to psychics.

I have been told some amazing things that have come true.

The last time I went to her she said my nephew was coming thru.  She proceeded to tell me a lot of things that he was telling her ( he’d died at least 1 year before).

She always give you a tape of the reading.

I called my brother and played the tape for him since I didn’t know if the personal things she was telling me was true.

My brother said everything on that tape is true.  He and his wife were very religious.

But he came to see her.  

Like me I said, she’s the real deal.  It’s funny someone asked this because every now and then I can feel my husband’s presence.

It’s a strange feeling.  I just start crying uncontrollably.  This time I was in my car.  I had to pull over and I usually call my daughter.  We talk for a few minutes then it passes.

Respected Contributor

A week after my grandfather died, I was 17 and moved in with my grandmother. I went to the university in the same town, and I didn't want her to be alone. I dreamed I saw my grandfather in the hallway between the bedrooms, standing in front of the door that went up to the attic. It was like he was checking up on us or guarding us. It seemed so real, and I still remember it so vividly. I've dreamed about my father and about my mother who passed a couple years ago. In the dream with my father, he hugged me while I cried into his shoulder. In the dream with my mother, she told me everything would would be alright.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Yes, numerous times by several family members, and several visits in just the last week or so.   

I've heard my dad say my name several times.  

My MIL screamed my name the night my husbands blood sugar dropped dangerously low.  

My maternal grandparents showed up holding hands, and my Papaw told me to make my mom go to the doctor; it wasn't her time yet.  Mom was coughing up blood, but had refused to go to the doctor until I told her what Papaw said (he even referred to mom by the pet name he had for her).   

Moms sister who committed suicide also appeared to me with my uncle; they looked young and so happy together.  I woke up crying after that visit, and finally let go of the anger I'd felt towards her for so many years.   

My best friend died last year from a massive stroke.   The night she went to the hospital, I woke up from a dream so real, I actually said to myself "I feel like I just said goodbye to my best friend".  I think about that dream every day, and it still gives me an incredible peaceful feeling.   

Honored Contributor

@tobes wrote:

@SloopJohnByears ago at my place of work, a dear friend and co-worker of many of us in our department committed suicide.  She was young and had young children. Some of us confessed that we had seen her at a distance down the hall from our door after she passed away.   A therapist provided by the company confirmed to us that this was quite natural.  She appeared to be absulutely real to us and we were  happy and a  little frightened.    But the therapist allayed our fears. written by Bob Dyan and sung by Sinead  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-EF60neguk  

@tobes   I believe Prince wrote Nothing Compares 2 U

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I do believe we all have the ability to be in touch not only with deceased loved ones but we also have the ability to tune into those still living-such as knowing ahead of time of an illness in someone before it is disclosed.

I believe we lose this ability as we get older because we become caught up in what can be seen and touched in reality.  We become materialisic instead of spiritualistic.

I also believe that we do not experience reincarnation but carry the DNA of ancestors and those memories, encoded in our own DNA, can arise up in our conscious state. This is not my original theory, btw.

I believe everyone who has experienced any type of contact with a deceased loved one. friend, co-worker, etc. - it is something to wrap yourselves in when times are cold and gray and you feel alone.

Embrace it all because there is much out there we do not understand nor do we need to understand.

Just let it be and know you are thought about and loved.  That is all that matters, yes?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, I haven't.  I've had dreams with people who have died in them but haven't been visited.