Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you been visited by someone who's passed?

I believe we have a soul / spirit and we would be amazed about the things we do not know. I am inspired when I see the movie version of THE SHACK. At age 19, I heard my mother's voice in an alarming situation. It saved my life. I lost her when I was 12. I don't pretend to know much and I won't dispute what others have experienced.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@SloopJohnB   I wanted to share that your post about your sweet father and puppy brought tears to my eyes.  Thank you for sharing!Heart

Also, I love your tagline.  I have always loved the music from the group Bread!Cat Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes. Visited by my deceased father-twice. Both times during waking hours.

Once I was at my home alone and the other I was at a significant outdoor space with my sons, whom he had never met (in this life).

My sons, who were elementary school age at the time, acknowledged his presence. I asked if they smelled something in particular, and they both said Yes. I thought maybe it was just me, but it was all of us 

Respected Contributor

These stories are wonderful.  Thank you for starting this thread, Kalli.

When I was a little girl, seemed like whenever a loved one would die, a stray dog or cat would show up in the yard.  We took it to mean the deceased person was returning to us.  

One time, after my paternal grandma had passed, a beautiful blonde mixed breed stray showed up.  Of course, we tried to see if the dog was owned, but eventuallyu adopted her and named her Lady.  Once when my aunt Vi was visiting, she noticed Lady was allowing our other dog to help himself to her food.  My aunt exclaimed: "Nope. That's not Mommy!"  My grandma was very confident and assertive, and would never allow anybody to steal her food!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@SloopJohnB : we once went as a family to a large group "reading" conducted by a very well known person (not Teresa) who was believed to receive messages from those who had passed. He said my father was coming through. One of the messages directed to me was that he had my dog with him. I imagine it was the dog I had when he was alive. The dog and I lived at home with him and other family members while I was saving $ towards my wedding. Dad loved dogs, including this one.

Trusted Contributor

It's never happened to me, but after my mom passed away after a long battle with dementia, my dad swore that she would visit him at night sometimes.  She never said anything, but he got a lot of comfort from it and looked forward to seeing her.

It was so strange for me to listen to him talk about it.  My dad was a no-nonsense, blue collar guy and the last person I would ever have thought would experience  something like this.  Also he was never the sentimental type and used to think all supernatural type stuff was hogwash.

My mom's dementia was awful, she was kind and sweet and became paranoid and violent and my dad took the brunt of that but he was so good with her.  I wish she could've known how good he was, but she was pretty much out of it by then.  It made me so happy that he felt her presence and it made him happy.

He has been gone for 4 years now and she has been gone for almost 10.  I wish they would visit me, I miss them both terribly.  I dream about them sometimes which is nice because in my dreams my mom is always how she used to be before the dementia.

Respected Contributor

@Kalli I am so glad you had this special moment with your mom.  I truly believe she reached out to you in your dream so you would have a peaceful closure.  Your mom loves you and wanted you to feel that special bond and comfort that only a mother can give to a child.  NO ONE WILL EVER LOVE YOU LIKE YOUR MOM!

Valued Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Yes, many times and not just in my dreams.  I have been visited by people who have passed that I have never met as well as from family members.

This started when I was a child.  My youngest son has the same ability.  He is intrigued by it.  I wish it never happened.  I don't like visits from dead strangers.

It runs in my family big time.

Respected Contributor

@Pandalady    Oh, thank you. You know, the first post made me tear up and many other posts did, too.  🙏

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

@queendiva  Oh, that must have felt wonderful hearing that news.  That's a story one never forgets. 🐕😇

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread