Regular Contributor

Re: Have you been visited by someone who's passed?

I've had very vivid dreams of my husband which I kind of dismissed but almost a year after he passed I walked from the kitchen towards the living room and as I passed by the front door a movement caught my eye and I turned to look.  There he was on the outside, looking in through the sidelight with a mischievous smile on his face.  My knees almost buckled but then in an instant he was gone.  I honestly believe it was him....it was the middle of the day, broad daylight so I'm pretty sure I wasn't seeing things.  Or maybe I'm crazy...I choose to believe it was him!

Respected Contributor

I dream about my son once in a while. He died in a motorcycle accident when he was 29. In 2013. However I think of it as a dream not a visit. The little signs that other people believe are indicative of their loved one's presence, I personally don't believe in. But whatever helps each individual cope with loss. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Only in dreams. Otherwise, no. I do believe that when a person dies, it is the end of the road.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried deleting this as it was an empty post but no success. Not sure how it got here. 

Respected Contributor

@Kalli  Now that we're talking about it....I remember hearing my mom call out my name at various times.  Must be when I'm dreaming.....4 years and it is still going on.  Just shows us how much we miss someone.  🙏

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

This happens, but it seems to be a hybrid of a dream, a vision, and reality. One afternoon I was alone and became quite ill. Both my little fur babies laid beside me in my chair and did not leave. My mother who had passed 10 years before appeared and stroked my hair just as she had done when I was a child. She was young (30-40) even though she died in her 80's. When my husband arrived home she left and my fur babies left my side.

Esteemed Contributor

Once in a great while I'll be sitting minding my own business watching tv or doing crosswords or something and I'm suddenly overwhelmed by the smell of perfume. It lasts for a few minutes then slowly fades away. I have no clue who it is. I don't recognize it as something anyone wore.

In the first couple of years after my husband passed I would also find myself out of the blue surrounded for a minute or two by the smell of the after shave he wore. But that hasn't happened for quite a long time now. 

Honored Contributor

My Mom came to me in a dream and we chatted about our new dog (we didn't have a new dog). 2 days later Hubbs told me he had found a dog for us. We adopted that dog and he is such a sweetheart.

Esteemed Contributor

When my mom passed away she had a small collection of angels.  Each angel had an instrument in their hands.  My sister and I gave one to each grandaughter and sent one off with my mom.  The day of her funeral my daughter and I were getting ready and I went into her room to help her find  something nice to wear.  She had put the angel on the shelf in the closet so the cat wouldn't knock it over and break it.   We were looking at outfits hanging in the closet when all of a sudden my daughter was hit in the cheek with a tiny object.  We both looked down and then looked at each other in dismay, it was the instrument that little angel was holding........there was no reason at all that this should have happened.  True story and we do believe my mom was there with us at that moment.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Roughly 8 years ago, I underwent an emergency surgery for a strep infection that had settled in the lymph nodes in my neck. Apparently, while it's fairly common in childern, it's pretty rare in adults.

Although I was completely asleep, I vividly remember my Dad, who had passed away in 2005, standing behind the surgeon, peering over his shoulder and watching intently. He was wearing his golf clothes and had his pipe stuck in his pocket. It was as real as real can be. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~