Honored Contributor

Re: Have you been visited by someone who's passed?

I can’t say I believe in this sort of thing with 100% certainty but have had moments where I wonder. I have had dreams that included my dad, where I’d wake up weeping. I don’t recall ever having a dream about my mom.  The experience that really hit me, though, was when my dear BIL passed away last November.  We were buddies from the time I was a preteen.  Due to Covid and an impending surgery, I was unable to attend his funeral service.  I felt so terrible about that. The morning of his funeral I happened to look outside and there was a red cardinal perched on one of our patio chairs.  🤷‍♀️

Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore 

I happened to be watching Long Medium when Theresa was working with a mother and her daughter.  Another daughter had passed.  In the middle of Theresa's relaying the daughter's message, she became very upset ( almost scared ).  Turns out that it was the daughter's husband who had murdered her and it was obvious that he wasn't in heaven.

The mother and daughter hadn't revealed the daughter had been murdered.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor

@jeanlake  If you liked the movie "The Shack", you should read the book. It is MUCH better than the movie! My absolute favorite book. If ever someone is having a difficult time with forgiveness, this is the book to read. Love it! 

Valued Contributor

Many years ago on the morning that my Father in law passed away, I was putting my then 18-month-old son down for a nap. He looked at the corner of the room up towards the ceiling and waved and said "bye-bye Pap pap".  I get chills and tears when I think of it. It was a magical experience. 

Respected Contributor

Visited by my grandfather at an extremely difficult time with my dad finally realizing we needed to help my mom who was starting to suffer from Alzheimer's.

First grandchild born and lived with grandparents till dad came home from WW II.  Extremely close....he carried me around so much they thought I would never learn to walk ! We continued to be close for a very long time.

At the beginning of the dementia crisis, I was going down to the rec room in the basement when I saw him sitting in swivel chair by the fireplace. I immediately said:  Joseph I see you there.  I need you to help your son ( my dad ) get my mom into assisted living in memory care.

He looked up and literally faded away into the air.  But, I suddenly felt calm come over me.  Things became as okay as they could be.

Rather than repeat a number of postings here, I have noted extensively the unique messages my Aunt Rita has showered me with.  Of all the folks in my life, she is my rock.....still and forever.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't remember if I responded to this before but here are a couple of my stories.

I took care of an uncle for a few years prior to his death. About a week after his funeral, I was mowing and noticed a smell. I thought the mower was about to blow. Finally, I realized it was the smell of my uncle's cough drops. The smell immediately disappeared.

A few months later, I was at Mass. While standing, I felt someone give me the shoulder....like a sideways nudge/push with the shoulder. My uncle used to do that a lot. I knew it had to be him.

Mom was on hospice care for some time before she died. During that time, I asked her to send me a sign and she said she would if she could. A few weeks after she passed, I woke up during the night and she was standing there. I froze and didn't take my eyes off her. She finally disappeared. 

In 2005, I was in the kitchen and felt Gramma's presence. She was in hospice and I had just returned from seeing her. I found out a little later that it happened at the same time she passed away. 

I've often called on Mom and my uncle for help. There are times I swear I feel their arm/s around me or their presence. It's always very comforting.

Trusted Contributor

When putting up the Christmas tree last year, I had music playing and I saw my brother, standing on the landing by the front door. He passed away in 2013. He didn't say anything, he just stood there looking. I spoke to him and kept on decorating.  A few minutes later, he was gone.

Esteemed Contributor

I do believe in soul connections. Tonight, my daughter's dear friend died in a car wreck. He was founder and operator of a homeless shelter and had an earlier career in nursing. He helped people down on their luck get jobs and back on their feet. She began volunteering at the shelter 7 yrs ago and was able to offer him her airline buddy pass so he could travel often to see family. A couple of hours before his death, daughter had an uneasy feeling about friend and finally called his phone just to check in. Police officer on the accident scene answered. Our souls bear witness, IMO, and there's more to life / death than we understand.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

If I ever felt comfortable talking to someone about sending *signs* after death, I'd make sure that it would be something rather unusual. 

Not like a penny on the ground or something you'd normally see out your window.  

But then I'd have to think what good it would do me (or them) to know what more could come of it.  Once you're gone, you're unable to interact in any way feasible other than just these little *signs*.

I don't know if I'd feel comfortable knowing they were --right there.  It would probably make me feel worse. Or scared, to be honest.

Trusted Contributor

I think I have a hard time believing it, is what would their purpose be?  Can they prevent disasters? Can they prevent senseless killings?  Why do people have to suffer so if there are billions of souls among us...doing what? ..waiting for one of us to contact a medium so they can say hey, it's me?  Really?  Dr Oz used to have a psychic on his shows and she seemed very convincing and when asked where are they when you see them, she said they are here...and she gestured with her hand meaning among us.  If you do a search for Dr Oz's repeat psychic guest, her name will come up.