Honored Contributor

Re: Have you been visited by someone who's passed?

Frequently.   And I get advice, and warnings.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SloopJohnByears ago at my place of work, a dear friend and co-worker of many of us in our department committed suicide.  She was young and had young children. Some of us confessed that we had seen her at a distance down the hall from our door after she passed away.   A therapist provided by the company confirmed to us that this was quite natural.  She appeared to be absulutely real to us and we were  happy and a  little frightened.    But the therapist allayed our fears. written by Bob Dyan and sung by Sinead  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-EF60neguk  

Valued Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Once in a great while I'll be sitting minding my own business watching tv or doing crosswords or something and I'm suddenly overwhelmed by the smell of perfume. It lasts for a few minutes then slowly fades away. I have no clue who it is. I don't recognize it as something anyone wore.

In the first couple of years after my husband passed I would also find myself out of the blue surrounded for a minute or two by the smell of the after shave he wore. But that hasn't happened for quite a long time now. 

I had a similar experience after my mother passed away.  About a month later I could smell the perfume she always wore.  It happened 2 or 3 times but has never happened again.  I would like to think it was her checking to see that I was OK.

Respected Contributor

@tobes  Thank you 💔

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Yes, many times and not just in my dreams.  I have been visited by people who have passed that I have never met as well as from family members.

This started when I was a child.  My youngest son has the same ability.  He is intrigued by it.  I wish it never happened.  I don't like visits from dead strangers.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Yes @Kalli , I believe it was a visit and that your mother is always watching over you ready to 'lend a hand'.  Just as people will say pray to St. Anthony when something is lost, or pray to St. Francis when a furbaby is in need, ask your mom for an assist sometime, e.g when you're in a rush and mispaced your keys for an example.  You'll then realize it's for real.

I've had visits, help, etc., even "forewarnings":  at 8 had a dream and a man told me my aunt had just died - my parents later got the call.  Think the relatives were freaked out about the whole thing as a child doesn't understand these things are considered "unusual".  It continues.  Once at work an internal voice kept telling me to send a troubleman to check a substation.  Finally, I did.  There was something major in there about to fail which would have been problematic for many customers.  They got it in the nick of time and all these engineering types were very grateful for a woman's intuition".  Another time I did not listen to a warning.  The warning just said if I bring that (a small bag of food I hadn;t yet donated to the foodbank at church) something would happen.  I had placed the bag by the kitchen door as I excel at forgetting things, for the warnings continued.  That Sunday morning, disregarding the warning I put the bag in the jeep and backed out of the garage (something I had done hundreds of times).  The garage door came partially down on top of the jeep.  Apparently the bypass thingies that hangs down from the ceiling got caught in the roof rack!  (Insurance didn't pay - a costy lesson!)

So yes, @Kalli , these things happen and are normal.  I believe it's your mom's way of helping you through a most sorrowful and challenging time,Heart

Honored Contributor

Yes. I have also "researched" this phenomenon because "Science is my friend". 

It has happened rather often in my life, and I believe that there is no such thing as "coincidence".

When something happens to me in a way that can be verified only by extraordinary means, I often interpret the circumstances to factors outside of our earthly understanding.

Honored Contributor

I have had signs and events which were related to people who have passed.  I believe people do experience these things and have always been interested in hearing the stories.  I enjoyed reading this post and people sharing their lives.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Kalli I have not had that happen yet - but I hope it does.  I am glad it happened to you, the OP, because now you have that last memory of your dear Mom.  You can cherish that from now on.

After my Dad passed in 2016, I did see "signs" that I think he was sending to my sister and me.  My brother, an atheist, would not recognize a sign if it hit him in the head.  My Mom passed just last August.  I am thinking (and hoping) she is too busy being with my Dad again to think about us kids, LOL.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I remember my dear Grandmother relaying a story years ago.  My grandfather and she were sitting in their living room when they heard a loud noise, like something had hit the front of their house.  Just after that, they got a phone call that a relative had just died - don't remember who.  After the phone call they went outside and could see no evidence of anything hitting the house or any reason for the noise.  My Grandmother was convinced the two events were related.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead