Respected Contributor

Have you been visited by someone who's passed?

I had a dream about my mom a few weeks ago.  I am absolutely convinced it was not just a dream, but a visit.  

Mom got dementia in her early 80s.  Dementia is horrific and cruel.  My mom had been the most patient, compassionate woman all her life.  We were close, I could confide anything to her and not be judged. In dementia she was mean.  That was my last memory of her and it hurt. 

Anyway, she visited me in a dream and it was the real mom I'd known all my life.  I had such a feeling of complete joy, happiness and peace.  It's hard to explain but her eyes had love and happiness in them. I don't remember much of what we talked about.  I remember that feeling of being full to bursting with her love of me.  When I woke up, that feeling was still there.  Almost like a pure sensation of energy. That's my recollection. Anyone else have this happen?

Respected Contributor

Re: Have you been visited by someone who's passed?

@Kalli  I just loved reading this.  💕

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@Kalli 

I get very obvious evidence of my brother visiting every year, at the time of his tragic death.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Can't say that I have, but John Denver songs seem to bring me good luck.

Respected Contributor

@Kalli  Also, not in a dream, but it was a vision in the distance....About 5 years ago I looked across my backyard and saw my late father holding my dog that had tragically died about a month previously.  I felt it was a sign that my dad was showing me that he caught up with my dog up there in heaven and they were together.  🐕⛅😇💞

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@Kalli 

How sweetHeart

Your Mom was showing you her loving Mom side, before she had Alzheimer's.

That's how she wants you to remember herHeartHeart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

My mom visits me periodically. She was always so full of grace and a gentle woman, but also an independent and very professional female in her own right. Her visits remind me of when I was a small child and she would check  on me during the night. She's still watching over me. It's a reassuring, loving feeling.

Perhaps it's her way of saying, "Thank you" for the years of staying a step (or two) ahead of the dementia. She doesn't need to thank me. I felt priveleged to help her and loved every minute we ever spent together.

Our lives still have an emptiness following her death. She was an amazing mom, grandmother, greatmother and friend to so many. No one else has mentioned visits from her. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

@SloopJohnB     Thank you for your post.  I have always said that all animals have souls and go to heaven.  You just proved that.  God Bless you!  

Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady  Oh, I love hearing these stories, even though it reminds me how much I miss my mom.  😪❤

Respected Contributor

@sophiesofers   Thank you!  😍