Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have not received my stimulus check

@queendiva  thought you were saying you discarded yours also. Now you know what to look for.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@sandy53 wrote:

We just received our Visa debit card in the mail.  It came in a plain white envelope with no return address.  I took it to my bank and had the entire amount moved to our checking account.  

Keep the card if you get one, even if you spend or transfer the money from it.  It is my understanding that if there is another stimulus payment it will be loaded onto the card.

I’m curious, how did the bank do a transfer?  I thought you did it by phone.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04  IRS has to send over money to almost the entire population of U.S.  They need to make short cuts.  No surprised they decided on Debit cards.  If there is another stimulus money hand out, they will probably debit the same cards.  So people might have to hold on their debit card.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@sandy53 wrote:

We just received our Visa debit card in the mail.  It came in a plain white envelope with no return address.  I took it to my bank and had the entire amount moved to our checking account.  

Keep the card if you get one, even if you spend or transfer the money from it.  It is my understanding that if there is another stimulus payment it will be loaded onto the card.

I think you can.  Just give them your account number.  It's a deposit and anybody can make a deposit with their bank.  It's not like a withdrawal.  

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

@sandy53 wrote:

I think you can.  Just give them your account number.  It's a deposit and anybody can make a deposit with their bank.  It's not like a withdrawal.  

@Snoopp I received mine yesterday and transferred money into checking via the web site EIP.com.  Quick and easy

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac  ok that was easy.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I checked the IRS portal and it said my check was scheduled to be mailed out on May 22, 2020.  As of today, we have not received our check.  We do not have direct deposit with the IRS,  Is there anyway I can find out what happened?

@songbird   Don't forget Monday was a holiday.

Did the portal indicate the check definitely went out or was scheduled to go out??

Check the portal again and check the FAQ section for advice.

Good luck.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A lot of people are getting them in the form of a prepaid debit card. So if you get something like that in the mail don't throw it away!! My daughter and her husband both got them. They come in a plain envelope from Money Network Card Holder Services. They are doing this instead of sending checks now.

Honored Contributor

I filled out a form online with IRS.  One week later I receive my direct deposit and that was at least 3 weeks ago.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Are you talking about the second round of $$$?

We have not read that it passed.

So I am confused. No one we know has received a second round.