Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have not received my stimulus check

Mail was also slowed down a day because of Monday being a holiday.

Trusted Contributor

We just received our Visa debit card in the mail.  It came in a plain white envelope with no return address.  I took it to my bank and had the entire amount moved to our checking account.  

Keep the card if you get one, even if you spend or transfer the money from it.  It is my understanding that if there is another stimulus payment it will be loaded onto the card.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We just got ours yesterday.  We file taxes seperately.  If they went alphabetically, our last name begins with one of the first 10 letters.

Go figure!

Thay may stop taxing social security!  Whoopie!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Why are they not mentioning this on the news.

It doesn't affect us but it's something people that are waiting need to be made aware of.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG  just a few weeks I found out that twelve or  thirteen States tax Social Security. I didn´t know that. Mine doesn´t so I thought it was the same everywhere.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@ECBG  just a few weeks I found out that twelve or  thirteen States tax Social Security. I didn´t know that. Mine doesn´t so I thought it was the same everywhere.

@Sage04 Thank you so much for letting me know!  I thought it was national!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Timely post. I went on the IRS site and found that my card was mailed last Friday. My recycling pickup is tomorrow. I usually toss what looks like junk mail in the bin before it ever enters my house. Fortunately, I did not have as much recycling in the bin this time, probably because I am receiving a lot less junk during this pandemic. Went through all of it and the card must still be en route. Yes, Monday was a holiday. I will look closely for it in the next coupe of days now that I know it will be delivered in a very non-descript white envelope. As per suggestions here I will also retain the physical card in the event that it might be reused in the future.

The entire amount on my card, whatever it is (not expecting the full $1200.00) will be deposited to my bank account. Uncle Sam will be getting the total amount back (and then some!) on July 15. Works for me.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@songbirdI received mine the last week in April. I just went back to Get My Payment and put in my info and it told me that a direct deposit was made to my account. Just wanted to see if it would give me any information.

Could you check again and see if it was sent out?

I did.  Same message.  Said check was scheduled to be sent out May 22

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird  @queendiva  just posted that she went on the website and it said hers was mailed last Friday but she hasn´t received it yet.

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter,  I read it on line a few times but I still don´t understand the reason for sending Debit Cards instead of checks. I don´t remember the reason.