Trusted Contributor

Re: Have heard animal noises in wood stove

Here's a story for you. I was watching TV one evening and heard a noise. I glanced at the wood stove insert in our fireplace and there was a frog, hanging on the glass, staring out at me. 

My husband took care of it thankfully. If he had been out of town, I would have had to move. 😂

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

Re: Have heard animal noises in wood stove

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

My neighbor had that happen and it was a raccoon that had babies in there....She hadn't used her chemney in awhile either..

She had to call a trapper and then a place to put a cover on her chimney..

She lives in a Cape Cod stle house and I was amazed it got up there...

Good Luck!

@Nataliesgramma 

Our neighborhood is surrounded by fields and woods and a greenbelt so we get some critters....One night I was on my patio at night and looked up.....at first I thought it was the "roof cat" a neighborhood cat that likes to climb this HUGE tee and get on the roof of the neighbor's house....but this time I did a double take---it was a BIG raccoon walking around on the neighbor's roof....luckily they didn't have a fireplace, but its common for them to get into attics and cause problems...Glad he didnt pick my roof to explore....

This isnt the actual raccoon in my neighborhood, but it shows they are fond of climbing roofs.....A friend that lives out in the country said she deals with them all the time and they look cute, but can be very mean.....some also have rabies...

download (3).jfif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”