Respected Contributor
On 5/15/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 5/15/2014 cody said:

No. But we DO have a Basta Pasta. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Ya got me, what is Basta Pasta? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Hey, how was it at the game? I had nightmares of you swooning in the heat.

Fortunately our seats are in the shade. But it was sooooo hot. I have to tell you...I slipped more than a few ice cubes down my shirt. Didn't last long though. We just aren't used to this weather. And now we have had it twice in just a few weeks. And when we do have a few hot days it usually cools down in the evening but this one was relentless.

ETA...the Basta Pasta sells on the Q and I love it. My husband eats a lot of pasta and this little gizmo makes it easy, no mess cooking. It cooks in the micro. It is really great for cooking a smaller portion. And the pasta comes out perfectly al dente if you just follow the directions for the portion you are cooking. Then boom, rinse well, dry and put away.

Honored Contributor
On 5/15/2014 lulu2 said:

I haven't had much luck blending fruit. Without a banana I ended up with only icy puree. I also thought it was a pain to clean.

I prefer my Ninja Bullet, Any frozen fruit and a bit of liquid make a frozen dessert. Even skim milk makes an ice cream like dessert.

I think it has to have a banana base. You put in half a frozen banana, then a strawberry, then another half a banana, etc.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor
On 5/15/2014 missyw1 said: Saw it at Walmart for $49.

I think it's $49 most places. Kohl's had a higher price, though.

Honored Contributor
On 5/15/2014 cody said:
On 5/15/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 5/15/2014 cody said:

No. But we DO have a Basta Pasta. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Ya got me, what is Basta Pasta? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Hey, how was it at the game? I had nightmares of you swooning in the heat.

Fortunately our seats are in the shade. But it was sooooo hot. I have to tell you...I slipped more than a few ice cubes down my shirt. Didn't last long though. We just aren't used to this weather. And now we have had it twice in just a few weeks. And when we do have a few hot days it usually cools down in the evening but this one was relentless.

ETA...the Basta Pasta sells on the Q and I love it. My husband eats a lot of pasta and this little gizmo makes it easy, no mess cooking. It cooks in the micro. It is really great for cooking a smaller portion. And the pasta comes out perfectly al dente if you just follow the directions for the portion you are cooking. Then boom, rinse well, dry and put away.

My husband loves pasta, too. Sounds pretty good!

People who are in the heat a lot think this is nothing, but you nailed it, it's because we're not used to it.

Esteemed Contributor

I never heard of basta pasta and can't find it on this site. Don't know the cost but.................

Ronzoni sells individual portions of pasta. You put the little bag of pasta in a bowl, cover with water and nuke for 5-1/2 minutes. Smile

Respected Contributor
Never heard of Yonanas before but this sounds good!Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

I thought it was fasta pasta. ?

Yonanas is at Bed Bath and Beyond too, and you can use a coupon.

Respected Contributor
On 5/15/2014 nunya said:

I thought it was fasta pasta. ?

Yonanas is at Bed Bath and Beyond too, and you can use a coupon.

LOL. May you are right. That is probably why Sophiamarie couldn't find it.

ETA...I just checked mine and it IS Fasta Pasta. It doesn't appear that the Q sells it anymore. But it is a great little kitchen helper at our house. It came two per order. I use one and have the other in reserve.

Respected Contributor
On 5/15/2014 sophiamarie said:

I never heard of basta pasta and can't find it on this site. Don't know the cost but.................

Ronzoni sells individual portions of pasta. You put the little bag of pasta in a bowl, cover with water and nuke for 5-1/2 minutes. Smile

I haven't ever seen that one. Is it on a shelf or in refrigerated section? It is probably way more expensive than plain old pasta and I already have paid for the Fasta Pasta. Nunya is correct. It is not Basta Pasta.

Honored Contributor
On 5/15/2014 newziesuzie said: Never heard of Yonanas before but this sounds good!Smiley Happy

Today's was the best so far... musta been the rum {#emotions_dlg.laugh} But seriously, it came out very creamy.