Respected Contributor

Re: Have You Taken A Look at Your 401(k) Recently?

@sissel  Thanks for the unexpected chuckle this morning! Much appreciated!

Frequent Contributor

It might help to look at the numbers in perspective.  The market was at it highest on 19 Feb and dropped to its lowest since COVID on 23 Mar.  My investments collectively have regained almost half their losses, 48% to be precise.  It depends on how you've invested, of course, but I'm happy to see my losses cut in half already.

Respected Contributor

Hold tight. It will come back. Worst thing to do is sell 

now and lock in losses. We must ride it out.

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 Hang in there.  In the 2008 recession the 401's took a nose dive, but came back quickly.  If your company adds to your 401K you cannot lose.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

I fortunately cashed all of mine out when I retired. Many of my co-workers that retired at the same time kept theirs. Many lost in the 6 figures $$$$, I am doing just fine.

Have always been a "bird in the hand is worth 2 in the *u*h" guy. 

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut 

I am a little like you about stocks.  Now a days I don't have the time,  or  strength to deal with all that stuff anymore !   nothing pays either, interest is a joke.  I told my bank, are we at a point where I have to pay you to keep my money?   I am of the mindset now, if I don't make money on my money....I still have the money I started with   That I very reassuring to me. No stocks bonds , dividends nothing anymore.