Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Seen the Next Gen Ken?

@missy1  I think you meant to write "attracted" .

QVC Social Team

This post has been removed by QVC because it's inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

This thread is hilarious!!!!!!!! I have to say the last one on the right and the 2nd from the left look too feminine for my tastes for sure......Man buns-ah no-no......lol!!!!

Honored Contributor

Village People without the hats.  ROTFLOL!!!

I like them-diversity.   

Man buns can look nice on the right person.  Both areas.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

I spy a recent TSV vendor. Cat Surprised

@lolakimono: I'm not sure if this is who you mean, but the guy that's second from the left looks like the Cottage Farms vendor. ETA: And the guy to the right of him reminds me of the H by Halston vendor... And second from the right, Chaz Dean...

IMG_3991.JPG

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

All I can say is I'm glad I had the real thing when I was young. That goes for a lot more than dolls.

Honored Contributor

The thread is funny, but I just don't like the subtext. I never liked when boys or men were described as a sissy. Sorry, but it just smacks of stereotyping.

I never was crazy about Barbie. But I will admit that when I was little, I had a Revlon doll. Anyone else remember them? She, too, was an exaggerated female. Ah, but I loved her platinum hair.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

The thread is funny, but I just don't like the subtext. I never liked when boys or men were described as a sissy. Sorry, but it just smacks of stereotyping.

I never was crazy about Barbie. But I will admit that when I was little, I had a Revlon doll. Anyone else remember them? She, too, was an exaggerated female. Ah, but I loved her platinum hair.

I agree on the "sissy boy" subtext. In fact some of the comments here are kind of homophobic. I think the dolls represent the many aspects of our population in the 20 something set. Good for them. It's about time. The original Ken was the proverbial blond, blue eyed Aryan type, who by the way was neutered.

Honored Contributor

The Ken with the black glasses can be seen getting on Google private luxury buses to the Silicon Valley every morning.  By the hundreds.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

This thread is too funny.

To those of you saying they look like they would prefer to date each other over Barbie (LoL) let me remind you that a lot of young men these days--regardless of sexual orientation--dress and do their hair like these dolls.  It's the in thing now.

@mistriTsquirrel

That's true.