Respected Contributor

Re: Have You Received Your Stimulus Payment?

[ Edited ]

yep, on the first day it was available.

We debated on what to do with it and decided to use it to have some medical work done for our cat, which she really needs. She's old--17 years--but once we get her teeth taken care of, she'll be in pretty good shape. She's been with us only for 13 months but we're very attached to her and want her to have whatever years are left to her, to be happy and comfortable.

And if she is, we are too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SuhseK wrote:

My Aunt who is on SS, received her stimulus check, on Wednesday. 

She had filed an income tax return for 2018, and always used direct deposit. 

It's none of my business, and it doesn't matter, if I understand or not, but, I don't understand not using direct deposit. It's easy and so much faster.  

Both DH and I are now receiving SS.  (I just started this month) and we also got an IRS refund...all done through direct deposit.  We received the stimulus check on Wednesday through direct deposit too. 

I think most who have DD have gotten their stimulus checks by now unless you have unusual circumstances or there is a glitch.

The paper checks will take from weeks to months to arrive.

ETA:  After reading this thread it appears that several of you should have gotten it by now through direct deposit...sounds like a glitch.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  .....  Limited amount? To get the $1200.00 you are allowed an adjusted income up to $75,0000. You only know of one person qualified to receive the stimulus? 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I only know one person who might be getting it.

The limited amount you are allowed to make isn't very much money these days.

I honestly don't know if the couples I'm friendly with make at least 200K a year...it's the amount you need to make to not recieve a check.  I just don't ask people what their income is and to me 200K is a nice income.

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg  Yep, that's what I said.  It's very expensive to live in the Fairfax County area.  I should say in order to live comfortably.

I didn't know the cut off amount until I asked my daughter why no one I know had received theirs and she explained the amount to me.

I don't know my friend's income but evidentally they don't qualify for the money.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm in Ct. Have already paid federal tax for 2019 which was an amount over and above estimated I had paid and also paid first payment of estimated for 2020 and my checks cleared early this past week. State refund was deposited directly into bank account. I receive SS by direct deposit into bank account. No stimulus payment received yet.

Valued Contributor

Still nothing here. I filed in 2018 and got a refund via direct deposit. I filed thru esmart free file online...It was absolutely free.

So, they have my bank acct info, but every time I try to check the GET MY PAYMENT tool on the IRS website, it just says "Payment Status Not Available"....so aggravating!

I hope everyone gets theirs soon!!

~ Hope in TN ~
Esteemed Contributor

For the record...it's not a stimulus check.  It's a relief check.

People who really need it know the difference.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

For the record...it's not a stimulus check.  It's a relief check.

People who really need it know the difference.

'

@esmerelda 

then how come everyone from the top down is calling it a stimulus check?

have not heard anyone call it a relief check? i have heard it called an "economic impact payment." i cannot find a different definition.

A stimulus check is a check sent to a taxpayer by the U.S. government. Stimulus checks are intended to stimulate the economy by providing consumers with some spending money. When taxpayers spend this money, it will boost consumption and drive revenues at retailers and manufacturers and, thus, spur the economy. (investopedia.)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

My husband is on Social Security and it's always direct deposited into our bank account.   He has not received his stimulus money yet?  Have those of you also on Social Security received yours?

As for me, I'm not receiving Social Security yet, and I file our taxes by paper without any direct deposit information included, so I guess I have a long wait.  Are there any of you similar to me that did receive a paper check?

Shoekitty said,

the NYT and CNN online had an article about the reasons you may not have received the check yet.   They listed many causes, and listed things you can do.