Trusted Contributor

Re: Have You Received Your Stimulus Payment?

I am on SS with direct deposit. No stimulus check here yet as of today (April18). I did owe $153.00 this year and the IRS took that money from my account after midnight on April 15.  So, they have my account information and were super efficient to take what was theirs. lol

Honored Contributor

@KailaS wrote:

I am on SS with direct deposit. No stimulus check here yet as of today (April18). I did owe $153.00 this year and the IRS took that money from my account after midnight on April 15.  So, they have my account information and were super efficient to take what was theirs. lol

Yep. When you owe, they certainly have no trouble finding you! lol

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@89135 wrote:

@BunSnoop..I read somewhere that SS recipients will get deposited toward end of April or early May..I havent received mine yet either and I'm on SS too

I read that those who receive SS and did not have to file a tax return in 2018 or 2019 will receive stimulus checks by April 27th.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt  So sorry!  I didn't mean to offend you in any way.  

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

We have not received ours yet.  Though  we provide our direct deposit information with our returns, we have had to pay federal taxes the last 2 years, so they didn't record the direct deposit info.

My husband and I both draw social security and get direct deposit for that so our stimulus payment will show up eventually. 

We have the exact same situation. We had to pay federal taxes the last two years  but we both draw social security and have direct deposit so they have our information.  We have not received our stimulus payment yet either. 

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

We have not received ours yet.  Though  we provide our direct deposit information with our returns, we have had to pay federal taxes the last 2 years, so they didn't record the direct deposit info.

My husband and I both draw social security and get direct deposit for that so our stimulus payment will show up eventually. 

We have the exact same situation. We had to pay federal taxes the last two years  but we both draw social security and have direct deposit so they have our information.  We have not received our stimulus payment yet either. 

This year was the first in a long time that we received a refund, rather than owing taxes.  We were among the first to receive the COVID stimulus.  

Trusted Contributor

We got ours Wednesday.

Honored Contributor

Just read paper checks will not start going out until April 20th. Says it could take up to 5 months to issue them. The payments will be sent out in order of lowest to highest income.

Also says those that collect SS but do not file a return will receive their direct deposit in late April. Check out

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My sister and her husband got theirs on Wednesday,  but my other sister and I haven't received ours yet.  

Anyone know if deposits will only happen on business days ... or on the weekend, as well?

Mask   Mask   Mask

Contributor

Nope, nothing here either.  I get SS and so does my husband.  We filed and paid taxes in 2018, but did not do 2019 yet.    I still get the message Payment Status Not Available. Not sure if or how they'll send us anything, but we sure could have used it now.  We are definitely in the range to receive money.  But our luck, we will never see it.