Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have You Received Your Stimulus Payment?

Last month I got a refund for overpayment on last year's taxes. Paper check.

I pay quarterly taxes. Filed first week in March; keeping my $ until July.

IF I receive a check it would be for about half the amount and would go back to the IRS as part of taxes owed. No need to decide where or how to spend it.

I hope all those who need the $ to buy food and pay a bill will receive their help soon!

Honored Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

My Aunt who is on SS, received her stimulus check, on Wednesday. 

She had filed an income tax return for 2018, and always used direct deposit. 

It's none of my business, and it doesn't matter, if I understand or not, but, I don't understand not using direct deposit. It's easy and so much faster.  

Some older people also get nervous about direct deposit. I have relatives who get very nervous about wire transfers and anything to do with moving money around without a physical piece of paper involved. They just call when they have questions, or wait for statements in the mail, and they rely on other people to do the computer stuff for them.

Personally, I like a paper trail of payment for taxes. I think it's different if you usually owe.

I like to control exactly when an amount that large leaves my bank account. I don't like to wait around on that kind of money going out. And yes, I need to hire an accountant. I'm just so used to doing my taxes myself and it is hard to give up.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@fthunt I don't think so.  As I mentioned, mine was received earlier this week.  My SS deposit is the fourth week of the month.

Honored Contributor

I only know one person who might be getting it.

The limited amount you are allowed to make isn't very much money these days.

Valued Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Mine landed in bank Wed - the same day of the week when SSI is deposited.  Perhaps that's a guide to how it's working.  Just an idea.

(and second Wed of the month)

I received my regular monthly SS deposit this Wednesday, earlier than expected. I did not receive the stimulus deposit as of this morning. It seems to me that there is no rhyme or reason as to how the payments are coming. I seem to recall seeing a news report, I don't recall from whom, that SS recipients would not recieve their stimulus until around May 1st. Apparently that is not true either!

Super Contributor

@BunSnoop..I read somewhere that SS recipients will get deposited toward end of April or early May..I havent received mine yet either and I'm on SS too

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette Hey - my comment was just thrown out there as 'perhaps' to help people who are concerned.

Please.........give me SOME credit for trying.  Thank you

Honored Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

My Aunt who is on SS, received her stimulus check, on Wednesday. 

She had filed an income tax return for 2018, and always used direct deposit. 

It's none of my business, and it doesn't matter, if I understand or not, but, I don't understand not using direct deposit. It's easy and so much faster.  

Some people haven't used direct deposit because they never get a refund..they either break even or they owe.

Honored Contributor

not on SS and have not received a payment.

neiher has my ex husband, my s/o, my three kids, nor my son in law.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

The checks haven't gone out yet. It'll be a while.

No payment in our bank accounts yet and the IRS Get My Payment website can't seem to identify us.

===================================

Same here.  Went to the website yesterday = nada!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."