Respected Contributor

Re: Have You Or Would You Date A Younger Man

@sunala wrote:

Sure, as long as my husband approved Woman Wink

Lol!

Respected Contributor

I would...............I did..................then I married him........................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Valued Contributor

I'd find it odd to date someone more than about five years younger.  I would also not like to be with someone much older than me either.  Fortunately my husband is a month oldeer than me.  So I am married to a younger man.  Ha ha

Honored Contributor

Both of my ex-husbands were older than me.  Once I was single again and dating, I never dated a man who was older than eight to ten years younger than me.  I don't know why, it just happened that way.

My longest relationship of 8-12 years was my last and he was 10 years younger than me, but we never looked out of sync.  In fact, I never looked out of sync with any of them, as I have always looked a good decade younger than I am.  I still do.

That relationship ended 20 years ago long before I let my hair go silver/white.  I've never dated anyone since. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

As I am getting older, I think it might be a great decision to have a younger mate.

Statistically, women have a longer life span.

My step mother was widowed twice--in both cases her husbands were several years older (first husband 25 years older; second husband 14 years older).

She was a wonderful person, but she spent several years as a widow.  Both husbands were athletic and in great shape, but life throws some curve balls for sure.  My dad was her second husband.

Of course there are many men who outlive their wives who were younger.  So who really knows?

My husband is two years older than I. 

But yes, I would date/marry a younger man.

Respected Contributor

Heck I just retired a month ago and recently met a youger man (only 4 yrs ) and have been dating and lovin it !   He is very attentative, opens doors for me, dinner out. He just may be a keeper !!

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@sunala wrote:

Sure, as long as my husband approved Woman Wink

Lol!

@sunala

LOL

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt

Your comment reminded me... I saw a bit from the Ellen show the other night, seeing if Millennials and Baby Boomers were miles apart on pop culture.  The two she was asking sure were.  The younger woman couldn't name one of the Beatles and didn't know who they were.

Seriously?  The Beatles?  She was 22.  Driving any distance with DD when she was not yet a teen, we played an old music station all the time, going back to girl groups and upward.  She still loves songs from way before she was born.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@chickenbutt

Your comment reminded me... I saw a bit from the Ellen show the other night, seeing if Millennials and Baby Boomers were miles apart on pop culture.  The two she was asking sure were.  The younger woman couldn't name one of the Beatles and didn't know who they were.

Seriously?  The Beatles?  She was 22.  Driving any distance with DD when she was not yet a teen, we played an old music station all the time, going back to girl groups and upward.  She still loves songs from way before she was born.

I know I don't get this. My father was a movie buff, he had a lot of books on the subject. I knew all the old time actors and actresses never having seen them but by taking an interest in reading about them. I had a co-worker who was old enough to be my father and he enjoyed speaking with me because I knew about a lot of things most people my age didn't, because I took an interest in them.

Respected Contributor

Date??? Heck I married one....4 months younger than me and that rascal reminds me of it every birthday. For 4 loooong months I have to hear him say he is married to an older woman. Insert eye roll.