Respected Contributor

Re: Have You Or Would You Date A Younger Man

One of the men I dated is eleven years younger than I am. We had been out six or seven times. I don't remember what we were talking about one night but all of a sudden he said "how old are you anyway" like in disbelief. We dated for several months after that but I had never taken him seriously to begin with so it was easy for me to gradually phase him out. I've dated lots of men who were seven, eight or nine years younger than I am. I would have to say ten or eleven years younger is probably the maximum I would go.

Valued Contributor

Have friends with a 15 year age gap. she is older than him. She had all of her kids in her early & mid 40s. He was 25 when they married. They have one of the best marriages I've ever seen. They've been married 20+ years. He now looks older than her lol.  Think it really depends on the couple, environment and as you say maturity. 

@ROMARY wrote:

I know a few who married (years ago) men 5+ years younger.  And they're still married, although those men happened to be very ambitious, and very settled (ready for marriage) when they married.  They were at the point in their lives where other men were/are at about 30 or 40+.  So, all in all, it all depends on how mature they are, thought-wise.  Same with women, btw.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I have and I would.

Respected Contributor

Nope.  I'd be irked if I kicked the bucket first then he used my money to find a younger woman to have fun with.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
@chickenbutt wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I have never dated someone younger than me I would be open to it but I wouldn't date someone more than 5 years younger. I also have to say men shouldn't date a woman too much younger than themselves either.  I want to have someone who can relate to the same things I do. You don't want someone to say to you my mom and grandmother like him too!

Your having mentioned that (bolded by me) reminded me of an ex from many years ago.  He was only six year younger than I, but one day I mentioned Janis Joplin and he had absolutely no idea who she was - NONE.   He had never heard of her or anybody else from that era.  It was just a weird little thing and certainly didn't define anything for us but it was kind of strange for me, initially.  Smiley Happy

lame.jpg (500×311)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband of forty years is one year younger than I and our birthdays are three days apart in the same month.  We never had a doubt, but he wasn't what my stepmother wanted (boy, did she EVER change) and she even convinced the minister we'd never make it!

Esteemed Contributor

No.  I'm married.

I always dated males older than me because they had more prosperity and would come by to share thier success.  I had boyfriends as a teenager with cars, not bicycles.  Nice dinners out, not fast food.  It just worked out that way. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

I have to admit that I would be uncomfortable (at first) to date a younger man.

People would say, "Ooooh, you're a cougar!"

I absolutly hate and detest that word!

It makes seem like I am preying on younger guys!

Valued Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Yes I have and I married him. Been together about 35 years and married for 10. He is 9 years younger than I am.

DH is 9 years younger than me. We have been together 18 years, married for 16. I had 2 surly teenagers when we started dating, and he had the perfect bachelor life, so I discouraged him from continuing the relationship, telling him we could still be friends and no hard feelings. He just kept saying things would work out fine, and they did.

Respected Contributor

NO, I have not. But, why not I suppose - maybe it would make a woman feel younger and act younger. Age is just a number - a guy either is a ninny or he is not at any age. I am not talking like 20 years difference - but, a few - can not hurt at all!! 

-Texas Hill Country-