Trusted Contributor

Re: Have You Moved To A Totally Different.....

[ Edited ]

You better believe it.

I grew up in New England, settled in MD (just outside DC) and am now in Florida.

IMHO, MD offered just about the same everything except for horrible traffic and more humidity. Still, there was the change of seasons, gorgeous architecture, cultural events and very quickly, out into the countryside. When that moment of crisp cool air meant Fall was here, off went the AC, windows were open, and looking forward to Fall and all it brings made me happy as can be.

Florida: hot, humid, nothing but sun, thunderstorms EVERY afternoon. No change of seasons. What gets me is everything looks the same where we live: all the roads/the land is flat, each road is line with moss covered trees, there is nothing different about anywhere we go, houses are all stucco no matter the design or size. Once in the city of Tampa it's different but out where we are, nothing. Let me say we are in a planned community and it's gorgeous; it really is. Convenient to top grocery stores, top schools, everything looks perfect. Amazing swim centers, LOTS of walking trails, bike trails, doggy stuff.... but it's kinda like the movie Groundhog Day- every day looks and feels the same not only weather-wise but when you drive around.

See no one, met no one, it's kinda of like living in a model home park. Lizards are cute but no rabbits, no song birds.... we'll see.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

Re: Have You Moved To A Totally Different.....

I spent the first 10 years of my life mainly on Army bases, except for the times my Dad was stationed overseas where we couldn't go. Then we lived in his hometown of 2,000.

When I was 10, we moved to the SF south bay area, to a city of about 300,000. It's now grown to almost 1 million.