Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have You Had To Upgrade Your Phone?

Spoiler

DD ordered a new phone as she got the not compatible BS too.  The 3 month phone card to add minutes was $20.  It's now $45.

She needs a phone because she has a nearly 1 hr. drive  each way to work. 

I'm not getting a new one. I hate to spend $45 every 3 months for the darn thing to sit in the bottom of my bag 99% of the time.

DD isn't happy that I won't have one for whenever we are alllowed to be out and about again.  Oh well,  if I don't show up to a destination I must have had a problem.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  Happy to know I am not alone!!!  People look at me  funny because I don't have a "smart" phone.  I tell them I don't need one--I'm smart enough!!!

I see the need for having a cell phone especially if you drive, which I do not.  But otherwise, for me, a "smart" phone is a total waste of money.  

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1  Happy to know I am not alone!!!  People look at me  funny because I don't have a "smart" phone.  I tell them I don't need one--I'm smart enough!!!

I see the need for having a cell phone especially if you drive, which I do not.  But otherwise, for me, a "smart" phone is a total waste of money.  

@kaydee50 

I guess if I'm forced to get one, I will.  But it won't be an Iphone, it will be something much, much cheaper!  I know its probably a good product, but I just don't feel spending that much money is something I want or can do!  I am not a person who is on the phone much.  I carry my phone with me for security if I do drive somewhere, which is very limited.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:
Spoiler

DD ordered a new phone as she got the not compatible BS too.  The 3 month phone card to add minutes was $20.  It's now $45.

She needs a phone because she has a nearly 1 hr. drive  each way to work. 

I'm not getting a new one. I hate to spend $45 every 3 months for the darn thing to sit in the bottom of my bag 99% of the time.

DD isn't happy that I won't have one for whenever we are alllowed to be out and about again.  Oh well,  if I don't show up to a destination I must have had a problem.

@CrazyKittyLvr2,  in addition to the phones in the link also check tje HSN link for tracfones.  If the description isn't clear that it is compatible with the new standards check the list posted upthread.

https://www.qvc.com/catalog/search.html?keyword=tracfone

https://www.hsn.com/shop/tracfone-cell-phones/ec0373-10962?rid=3348&query=tracfone&isSuggested=false

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.