Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Had Any UPS Packages Diverted to Access Point?

@Venezia wrote:

@Sooner - Yep, I've had the "not at home" or "couldn't access address" rubbish excuses, too.  And I've made it clear I was at home all day waiting for the package that was "out for delivery".  No impediment to accessing my front door either.

Laughably, one day when UPS used that excuse, I'd had a delivery by FedEx and an oil delivery.  If that big truck could get up my drive, I'm darned sure UPS could've!

I always make a point of reporting such blatant lies.  We'd had a few instances of this several years back and then it stopped, but it seems we're in one of those periods again.

I got a refund for one of the delayed food deliveries that had to be tossed and the local UPS lady said "Oh yes, that's the best thing.  Get a refund."  Best for whom?!  Not the vendor who lost a sale or the customer who didn't get what she ordered.  SMH.

@Venezia 

That's what makes me mad UPS tells you to get a refund from the vendor and UPS claims no responsibility yet its UPS'S fault....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

UPDATE:  Friday, April 1.  I had notice on the website that the 2 packages were being rerouted to my house.  NO e-mail, just on the site and delivery by 9 p.m.

Truck shot by about 6:40 pm.  No packages.  Apparently they went back to the access point.  Unbelievable!  

Trusted Contributor

When I tracked a package today that was coming via UPS, it said it had been sent to DHL. Have t had anything delivered by DHL in years. I don't care who brings it as long as it arrives on time and the package isn't crushed or opened.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

Yes! I got very angry about this and when asked, I chose to have them returned to sender. One of the orders was for an item that cost $130.00 so poor Macy's lost a great sale. 
Found our later that at my apartment complex the "usual" driver was on vacation. 

This happened at a time when the weather (snow storm) was happening.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 They, according to the UPS site, are on the truck to be delivered to me today.  After a week of begging and filing complaints.  Also, UPS hasn't sent me an e-mail notice about any delivery since I complained.

I'm wondering if they are testing certain customers to see if they can bully us into going to get packages rather than them being delivered to our house.  'Ya think maybe?

They could just deliver to businesses first (which they do on this route and never get to my house unti after 6:39) then dump individuals stuff out of the truck at an access point on the way back.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

At first I really wondered about this too. 
'However, here are the details of when and why mine happened. Then the last of my post here recounts what really happened.

It was Friday MLK weekend (Monday was a holiday). I had been waiting for my new boots anxiously and one other package. I get a notice Saturday morning that UPS tried to deliver on Friday evening at 

4:59 ...(yeah  right). 
Through the UPS app, which only occasionally is helpful instead of annoying, I got the message and the choice to return these to senders or puck up at an access point. So, my message back to them was No! You bring these to my house or RTS!

I followed up with Macy's 800# and they can trace that orders are being returned to them, so my account was credited for the boots.

The following Monday, when there were no arctic blasts, I marched into the STORE and purchased the boots IN PERSON!

And my Jan/Feb was spent straightening out the packages and orders I'd placed in December, too!

I believe that perhaps often a "regular" driver gets a vacation. They overload the poor substitute driver with everybody's packages so he has to do double duty. The person in the office here told me that the usual driver for this route is a "great guy and they love him; he does a good job"!

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 Actually, ONE of the two packages came today, after a week of going online and changing the delivery address back to my home then having it change back to the access point.

The other package is still is limbo.  The guy that brought the package is not the "regular" driver who is new and has been on the route about the same time as the package mix-ups.  Which makes me wonder!

And MORE Monda on . . . as the UPS turns!  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Can’t wait!
Honored Contributor

I have never heard of this.  The UPS truck comes down my street almost everyday and we have had the same driver for years.  

I have had problems though with FedEx not delivering perishable items on time or picking up a large misdelivered item.  Took them two weeks and many phone calls.