Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have You Had Any UPS Packages Diverted to Access Point?

@Annabellethecat66 My bird seed arrives the same way.

Seed shipper uses one layer of cheap tape to close heavy box........and the tape comes loose.  UPS or post office re-tapes it as many times as needed to keep it together.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner We have no idea what is going on.

My son's birthday gift was shipped out 3/22. When the item was purchased it stated the package was to be delivered on 3/24. We received notification the package arrived at a distribution center in Pennsylvania about 7 miles from our house and was on the truck to be delivered Sunday 3/27. No package on Sunday or Monday. Checked the tracking on Tuesday the package was in Connecticut. 

No movement after arriving in Connecticut. My son's birthday is Saturday. 

And yet we ordered strawberry plants arrived as scheduled. And books no problem. Just the birthday present going on a tour of states.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Where do you live?  Maybe nobody wants to drive there.  Everyone is short staffed with drivers. Maybe they have calculated it is cheaper for them to leave it at the access point and make YOU drive!

@FancyPhillyshopper @Sooner @Venezia 

In the past UPS was THE BEST, but now its nothing but complaints no matter who the retailer is you order from---not just QVC---SOONER and VENEZIA you are not alone!  Even USPS is starting to be better than UPS!

Read the UPS Facebook Pages---so many complaints---AMAZING! I dont think some are overworked, there are even drivers whining that they had 4 hours IDLE TIME and said that UPS should allow them to be home with their kids but still pay them for a full day's work..🙄...The problem seems to be they cant find drivers that ACTUALLY WANT TO WORK!!! I read where they added extra drivers but its their customer service that has declined..I ve called, talked to Supervisors--filed complaints ...it does no good...they dont seem to care

But the pista la reistance was when I got an email that one of the UPS employees sent to me by accident complaining about a customer in New Hampshire.....I replied back, what does this have to do with me, Im a customer living in Texas?????  NO REPLY That's when I decided to call their Corporate Headquarters and voice all my complaints

And like I told Corporate, some retailers not affilated with Amazon have started  using Amazon strictly for deliveries, pretty soon we will probably see Amazon TAKE OVER ALL THE DELIVERY BUSINESS since they seem to have no problem with delivery logistics and keeping customers happy! And UPS will be out of business sooner than later! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Foxxee No, it isn't just QVC--it's the qvc chicken and two other QVC things, Macy's, and a couple of other companies.  So far.  Oh and one package from Costco!  

SO far I have been able to get the packages rerouted after a gigantic hassle, and delivered a day later.  Which makes me suspect the driver in the end.  When we called one time they said we weren't home to get the package--and we were here all day and have cameras, so we knew that wasn't the case. So that would have been the driver. 

@Sooner 

Wow!  Yes, driver certainly suspicious.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Sooner 

Not yet.  

UPS Access Point locations are local businesses that offer a convenient alternative option to receive or drop off ready-to-ship packages, including returns.  This shouldn't have happened to you unless you requested it.  

Who did request your package be delivered to an Access Point...retailer or UPS?  Is it just QVC or other retailers, as well.  Of course, you don't know.  Contacting CS at QVC will get you nowhere.  You could try the Social Team at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com to look into it, but I doubt they will know.  Ask them to let someone know at QVC what you have been experiencing.

What about shoppers who no longer can leave home and must have their packages delivered to their doors?  This is unacceptable.  

It appears UPS or QVC has partnered with Newgistics, a third party shipper.  This is how one of my recent orders was shipped.

Newgistics (Pitney Bowes) picked it up at QVC's warehouse in South Carolina.  It was delivered to an UPS hub in South Carolina.  UPS delivered it to a Newgistics facility in New Jersey.  It sat there for 9 days.  Then Newgistics delivered it to my local post office.  

That's not your situation because USPS wasn't involved, but did UPS actually deliver your package to an Access Point or did Newgistics? 

From customer online reviews, Newgistics doesn't have a good reputation.  Very slow, lost and stolen packages.  QVC uses Newgistics for its returns that take forever. 

I suggest you track your package at Ship24.com.  That's a website that tracks 1200+ shippers throughout the U.S. and other countries.  They provide more details.  They name all shippers involved in your order that are not posted on QVC's and UPS tracking notifications. 

A clue on your QVC tracking is seeing "shipping partner."  The shipping partner is a third party shipper that could have been hired by UPS due to worker shortages.  QVC could be using them because they are cheaper.  

It's interesting to note, UPS said they don't use third party shippers for UPS Mail Innovations when I called that department for packages under 2 lbs.  So, are they lying, or is QVC involved?

From what you said, your orders were not shipped using Mail Innovations (USPS involved), but if they are doing this to that shipping method, then why not think they are doing it to orders delivered directly by UPS. 

Newgistics may not be responsible for delivering your packages to an Access Point, but I'd look into it and lodge a complaint with UPS and QVC and other retailers if they did. Whether QVC would contact UPS and lodge a complaint is doubtful, though.  

All of the supply chain problems, shipping delays and other issues could begin to be resolved today.  Looks like those who can resolve them don't want to.  That doesn't mean we should continue to be doormats.  Speak up.  

@Foxxee 

Yep, UPS---USPS Mail Innovations or Newgistics is one problem, but my issues have been using UPS PREMIUM DELIVERY and seeing the Brown UPS trucks drive by my street every afternoon but the delivery is to MAIL CENTERS and not my front door even though Ive paid EXTRA for the PREMIUM UPS service and noted FRONT DOOR DELIVERY instructions and on my UPS PREMIUM CHOICE PREFERENCE as well for delivery!!!! ......Me and my neighbors complain to no avail! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@Foxxee We simply cannot figure out what is going on.  We are beginning to suspect the driver is the cause.  We can't of course get information from UPS.  But this is happening with us getting a new driver.

I have UPS My Choice.  There is an odd feature that says now on the right side do you want you packages sent to access point.  I have never selected that, but it was selected for me.  We have changed it every possible way and the packages STILL go to the access point.  We've talked, chatted and e-mailed.

On my incoming list, AND in the e-mails is has our address.  It is only after the scheduled delivery day that we get the message it is being held at the access point.  It never says that until there.  So now we are thinking the driver is just dumping them there.  We are the last house (or about) on this route (we know from the track the truck feature) and often deliveries come after or about 6:30 p.m.

There is no other third party, or shipping partner listed on any of these.  I have called two of the companies and they had just shipped UPS.  We are in some sort of computer hell with this I guess.  

THANK you and others for our suggestions!  We will keep you updated!

@Sooner 

Since they deliver in our area late in the afternoon its like the driver decides to dump off all the packages to a Mail Center instead of delivering to the resident's front doors and get their shift completed earlier...and ignored the UPS Premium delivery instructions and extra cost we customers paid for!!!

Here's their Corporate number 404 828-6000 you can call and ask for CaroleTome she's their CEO and Nando Cesarone is their President....or ask for someone in top authority since you've gotten nowhere with past complaints....supposedly they SAY they will talk to the drivers....if they get enough calls to the HQ maybe they will start doing something about the drivers!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@Foxxee No, it isn't just QVC--it's the qvc chicken and two other QVC things, Macy's, and a couple of other companies.  So far.  Oh and one package from Costco!  

SO far I have been able to get the packages rerouted after a gigantic hassle, and delivered a day later.  Which makes me suspect the driver in the end.  When we called one time they said we weren't home to get the package--and we were here all day and have cameras, so we knew that wasn't the case. So that would have been the driver. 

@Sooner 

Yep, has to be the DRIVERS!!! They use all kind of lame excuses....I work from home so I AM home all day....another Supervisor said maybe my condo was hard to find...told him each building is clearly labeled and funny how----Petco, Instacart, Pizzahut, Fed Ex and Amazon have no trouble finding it......When I called Corporate and told them they laughed at that excuse...SMH

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Foxxee

Yep, UPS---USPS Mail Innovations or Newgistics is one problem, but my issues have been using UPS PREMIUM DELIVERY and seeing the Brown UPS trucks drive by my street every afternoon but the delivery is to MAIL CENTERS and not my front door even though Ive paid EXTRA for the PREMIUM UPS service and noted FRONT DOOR DELIVERY instructions and on my UPS PREMIUM CHOICE PREFERENCE as well for delivery!!!! ......Me and my neighbors complain to no avail! 

@Spurt 

I'm an UPS My Choice Premium member, too.  

For Mail Innovations, under 2 lbs, UPS does deliver the packages to me when they are in my neighborhood.  They always tell me in their tracking notifications.  If not, they are delivered to the post office.  

All others over 2 lbs are delivered to my door.  

Not sure why it's not working that way for you.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee    I'm NOT a UPS My Choice customer after a years of seeing no benefit in it.  I also get the same messages and packages delivered when I have 2 or more coming the same day.  Today I'm just getting one but they are delivering it.  Makes me think their business slow.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Foxxee

@Spurt 

I'm an UPS My Choice Premium member, too.  

For Mail Innovations, under 2 lbs, UPS does deliver the packages to me when they are in my neighborhood.  They always tell me in their tracking notifications.  If not, they are delivered to the post office.  

All others over 2 lbs are delivered to my door.  

Not sure why it's not working that way for you.  

@Foxxee 

My packages have been 5 to 7 to 10 lbs....The reason its not working for me has to be THE DRIVERS!!!  Never had this problem before....it has to be the people they are  hiring!!!