Honored Contributor

Have You Had Any UPS Packages Diverted to Access Point?

For some reason, some of our packages are getting diverted to UPS Access points.  They will be scheduled to be delivered to our address, then that day they go to a nearby access point.

It has happened more than once, complained, chatted, called, reviews settings on website--they still get diverted to an Access Point rather than delivered.

Respected Contributor

Re: Have You Had Any UPS Packages Diverted to Access Point?

Where do you live?  Maybe nobody wants to drive there.  Everyone is short staffed with drivers. Maybe they have calculated it is cheaper for them to leave it at the access point and make YOU drive!

Honored Contributor

I got a box delivered it looked it had been bombed.

It had been ripped open, taped up and reopened.

It seemed like whomever tried to put it back together the second time ran out of tape.

It was my cat Bill's cat food and large cakes of suet for the woodpeckers at my house.

The box was very heavy to start with.

My friend tried to bring it into the house and the box fell completely apart.

This isn't the first time this has happened and probably not the last.😟

Honored Contributor

We've always had good service from UPS until recently.  My two latest orders of food (from the Q) were delayed, despite them being 2nd-Day delivery.

The excuses made for the first one were absurd and the food had to be tossed.

The second they didn't even give an excuse.  Just put on the tracking that it would "be delayed for another business day".  That was Sweet Sam's pound cake and the box said "Keep Frozen".  That's a laugh.  It arrived thawed out, slices broken and the icing all but melted.

And in both cases, they lied about the actual time they finally delivered the packages.

I've learned it's useless to contact UPS, even the local depot.  They just say they'll "look into it".  Yeah, right.

My solution is no more food deliveries from QVC or anywhere else that uses this service.

Honored Contributor

We still get deliveries to the house, we live in town, but often they get rerouted on the supposed day of delivery, or sometimes the day before, to an access point.

I see the truck in the neighborhood so I know they still deliver, but it seems like at some point they just start dumping packages at access points.  They even did that with a food delivery.  It was addressed to the house.  

So we don't know if it is the driver or what, and no you can't get anything from UPS about the problems. 

Respected Contributor

UPS in my neighborhood just about everyday.....never had packages delivered to access point.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

Not yet.  

UPS Access Point locations are local businesses that offer a convenient alternative option to receive or drop off ready-to-ship packages, including returns.  This shouldn't have happened to you unless you requested it.  

Who did request your package be delivered to an Access Point...retailer or UPS?  Is it just QVC or other retailers, as well.  Of course, you don't know.  Contacting CS at QVC will get you nowhere.  You could try the Social Team at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com to look into it, but I doubt they will know.  Ask them to let someone know at QVC what you have been experiencing.

What about shoppers who no longer can leave home and must have their packages delivered to their doors?  This is unacceptable.  

It appears UPS or QVC has partnered with Newgistics, a third party shipper.  This is how one of my recent orders was shipped.

Newgistics (Pitney Bowes) picked it up at QVC's warehouse in South Carolina.  It was delivered to an UPS hub in South Carolina.  UPS delivered it to a Newgistics facility in New Jersey.  It sat there for 9 days.  Then Newgistics delivered it to my local post office.  

That's not your situation because USPS wasn't involved, but did UPS actually deliver your package to an Access Point or did Newgistics? 

From customer online reviews, Newgistics doesn't have a good reputation.  Very slow, lost and stolen packages.  QVC uses Newgistics for its returns that take forever. 

I suggest you track your package at Ship24.com.  That's a website that tracks 1200+ shippers throughout the U.S. and other countries.  They provide more details.  They name all shippers involved in your order that are not posted on QVC's and UPS tracking notifications. 

A clue on your QVC tracking is seeing "shipping partner."  The shipping partner is a third party shipper that could have been hired by UPS due to worker shortages.  QVC could be using them because they are cheaper.  

It's interesting to note, UPS said they don't use third party shippers for UPS Mail Innovations when I called that department for packages under 2 lbs.  So, are they lying, or is QVC involved?

From what you said, your orders were not shipped using Mail Innovations (USPS involved), but if they are doing this to that shipping method, then why not think they are doing it to orders delivered directly by UPS. 

Newgistics may not be responsible for delivering your packages to an Access Point, but I'd look into it and lodge a complaint with UPS and QVC and other retailers if they did. Whether QVC would contact UPS and lodge a complaint is doubtful, though.  

All of the supply chain problems, shipping delays and other issues could begin to be resolved today.  Looks like those who can resolve them don't want to.  That doesn't mean we should continue to be doormats.  Speak up.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee We simply cannot figure out what is going on.  We are beginning to suspect the driver is the cause.  We can't of course get information from UPS.  But this is happening with us getting a new driver.

I have UPS My Choice.  There is an odd feature that says now on the right side do you want you packages sent to access point.  I have never selected that, but it was selected for me.  We have changed it every possible way and the packages STILL go to the access point.  We've talked, chatted and e-mailed.

On my incoming list, AND in the e-mails is has our address.  It is only after the scheduled delivery day that we get the message it is being held at the access point.  It never says that until there.  So now we are thinking the driver is just dumping them there.  We are the last house (or about) on this route (we know from the track the truck feature) and often deliveries come after or about 6:30 p.m.

There is no other third party, or shipping partner listed on any of these.  I have called two of the companies and they had just shipped UPS.  We are in some sort of computer hell with this I guess.  

THANK you and others for our suggestions!  We will keep you updated!

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee No, it isn't just QVC--it's the qvc chicken and two other QVC things, Macy's, and a couple of other companies.  So far.  Oh and one package from Costco!  

SO far I have been able to get the packages rerouted after a gigantic hassle, and delivered a day later.  Which makes me suspect the driver in the end.  When we called one time they said we weren't home to get the package--and we were here all day and have cameras, so we knew that wasn't the case. So that would have been the driver. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

It is only after the scheduled delivery day that we get the message it is being held at the access point.  It never says that until there.  So now we are thinking the driver is just dumping them there.

Thanks for the details. You may have solved the problem.