Respected Contributor

Re: Have You Ever "Refused" a QVC Package?

I refused an Amazon package once, but only because I tried to cancel it ten seconds later and I couldn't.  They instructed me to refuse it.

If I just changed my mind about something before it arrived, I would not refuse it.  That doesn't seem right to me.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Lucy 13 wrote:

BRING IT BACK TO UPS STORE  THEY STILL CHARGE POSTAGE EVEN IF ITS REFUSED.

I wasn't charged postage when I refused a package.  I dropped of to UPS store and they could not give me tracking.

You don't get a receipt of return although I've never had problems with UPS....the postal service (USPS) I always pay...never trust them🙄

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes I have. If it has been delivered, just dont open it.  I have done that, and then wrote "refused" on front of box.  I havent done ot lately. 

I remember one reason was I had ordered two of an item, but received them in 2 deliveries a week apart.  When I saw the first one, I hated it. It was not what I thought it would be.  So refused second

another time I ordered by mistake.  When I saw the confirmation email, I tried canceling.  They had already sent it!! It was sent a few hours after ordering!!  That order came in like 4 days, which has to be the fastest delivery in my 29 years shopping at qvc!!  Came when I was not home.  I took box that day to post office, with refused on it.  I was never charged for return postage.

the best way to it is catch ups, fedex or mailman in person and refuse it.  They scan it in, so there is a record of refusal and it is still insured

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can't refuse a UPS package once it's delivered. You can try to mark 'return to sender' on a postal delivery but I've had those come back from the post office with a note that they need a new label.   I have caught the UPS or mail carrier and refused though.  Then I called CS to let them know.  The return was processed when Q received it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

As far as UPS goes, you can refuse the package when it's being delivered or you can take the package to a UPS Customer Center and tell the people you do not want the package.  DO NOT TAKE IT TO A UPS STORE -- THEY WILL CHARGE YOU.   If you take it to a UPS Customer Center, you will not be charged for a refusal...   

Oh, in order to do this DO NOT OPEN THE PACKAGE.  Otherwise, you will have to return it and pay for the return.  And yes, you can get a tracking number for the refusal return...

I have done this many times, back when I ordered from QVC on a semi-regular basis and sometimes now when I do not want something I've ordered and was unable to cancel the order....