Trusted Contributor

Have You Ever Seen a Strawberry Like This?

[ Edited ]

It was in a pint of strawberries that I bought yesterday.  It is actually three strawberries that grew together.  It won't be around long as it's going to be a part of my lunch,  Yum, yum, yum.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Seen a Strawberry Like This?

I can't see your picture, but my uncle grew strawberries and those grown together ones weren't uncommon.  They are fun to eat.

Honored Contributor

@wismissHad a quart of huge berries a few weeks ago.  I did use them in my usual way -  breakfast and lunch -  but every time I opened the carton I wondered why I hadn't bought chocolate to coat them.  Would have made the perfect sweet desserts!

Respected Contributor

I've eaten 2 strawberries grown together.  So I've seen twins but never triplets.

Honored Contributor

cannot see the pic, but enjoy!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner  and @millieshops , @sunshine45  @PhilaLady1 can you see the picture now?

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

@wismiss wrote:

@Sooner  and @millieshops , @sunshine45  @PhilaLady1 can you see the picture now?

i cannot.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

One of my fondest memories:

My high school French teacher invited her students to her apartment in Palo Alto for dinner.

For dessert, she presented us with fresh strawberries and bowls of sour cream and brown sugar.  We dipped the berries in sour cream, then rolled them in brown sugar.

Changed my life. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

No photo for me either, but fresh strawberries sound delish! Enjoy!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@wismiss 

I don’t see a picture either, but I have definitely come across double and triple strawberries over the years.  There are a lot of strawberry farms around here, and we often buy from those farms.  I have some just waiting to be eaten right now - my neighbor split a batch with me yesterday.  Yum!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett