Respected Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Seen A White Squirrel?

I have never seen a white squirrel or a black one. Thanks for posting this!
Honored Contributor

Where we live in Oklahoma it is Fox squirrels.  They are a salt and pepper color with bright orange/rust colored fur on their bellies and tips.

Honored Contributor

white squirrel baby  8)

Respected Contributor

No, I've never seen a white squirrel, but I'd like to.  Interesting. While visiting NYC I've noticed black squirrels scurrying about.  Where I'm from we only had grey squirrels.

One season - and only one season, our grey squirrels had blonde tails.  I'd never seen that before, nor have I seen it since.  We must have had a family of blondies.  The tails were like manes of blonde hair.  Really pretty. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Valued Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

There's so much information online about white squirrels, I'm slightly obsessed now. I got so excited when I saw it, couldn't believe what I was seeing. I saw it while waiting for a train. There was a man there walking his dog and he stopped and I said to him wow look at that that's amazing.

The dog just stood there mesmerized. I wonder if the dog could tell any difference lol.

I spotted a white squirrel once while walking my dog. My dog also stopped and stared in astonishment. Obviously not a creature he had seen before. 

Honored Contributor

We have a blonde one, but not white.  I've not seen that before.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @Greeneyedlady21 @and all others who posted pictures.  Despite the battle to keep them away from bird feeders, they are really cute little animals.  Such acrobats.  I have seen a few black squirrels, but never a white one.  And we do have quite a little army, having many oak trees around our house.

Honored Contributor

I have seen black , red , and grey but, never a white squirrel

Respected Contributor

Oue population is greys but We have the rare sighting of white ones.  Started seeing them about a decade ago and now it seems white crops up every now and then.  One may have been deaf (is my guess)  as it made more noise than Any other squirrel before or since.  I've never seen a black one.