Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Had Something That Has "Fixed Itself"?

@Pearlee  we have this problem every winter with our front door. As soon as the temp and humidy chages it is fine

Trusted Contributor

Where I live the door issue could be a real problem.  Sounds like foundation issues, that can get very bad over time.  Temperature changes and weather changes like rainy, snowy or even hot weather condition changes can cause your ground to start shifting.  Foundation issues ar common in my area and very costly to repair.  I would have a contactor check it out ASAP.

Valued Contributor

About ten years ago I bought one of those ceramic Christmas Village houses with the fiber optic lights.  The second year I plugged it in and nothing happened. No lights. It was fairly expensive, so I put it back in the box and stored it in the garage instead of tossing it.

This year I was purging and I pulled that thing out trying to decide if Goodwill would be able to sell it without working lights.  I plugged it in the outlet in the garage for a final try, and voila-it lit up!! I used it this Christmas and it seems to be fine.

Honored Contributor

@DearPrudence wrote:

About ten years ago I bought one of those ceramic Christmas Village houses with the fiber optic lights.  The second year I plugged it in and nothing happened. No lights. It was fairly expensive, so I put it back in the box and stored it in the garage instead of tossing it.

This year I was purging and I pulled that thing out trying to decide if Goodwill would be able to sell it without working lights.  I plugged it in the outlet in the garage for a final try, and voila-it lit up!! I used it this Christmas and it seems to be fine.

A perfect post for this thread!   Love your story.  And yours may really be a miracle! LOL Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

NO........and the "things" that broke down (plumbing, roof, heat pump) have cost me 4  figures EACH to replace.   

@Desertdi   That's definitely been the usual scenario for me during the time I've been in my house.