Reply
Contributor
Posts: 66
Registered: ‎04-11-2013

Re: Have You Ever Experienced Paranormal Activity?

[ Edited ]

 

I am mystified by those that 'don’t believe' in other worldly activity.  Ghosts/spirits/manifestations are as real as we are. There is so much existing that is not perceived by the senses we experience in this body.

 

Some are loved ones needing assurance and a final goodbye before they leave for the continuing journey we are all on. Some are lost souls. Some are mischievous troublemakers. Some are quite sinister.  

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,287
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: Have You Ever Experienced Paranormal Activity?


@cherry wrote:

Jimmy Carter also did. He saw a UFO and called it a very sober moment and people laughed ,because they thought he was alluding to drink

 

What he actually meant was ,it was a somber moment. I don't think Jimmy was a liar, or given to flights of fancy.


@cherry, a sobering moment can have nothing to do with drinking.  

 

I like watching ghost stuff and going on ghost tours, but I have only had two unexplained events which both occrred after my father's death.  Going to the house following his death to meet my sister for the funeral, the digital picture frame I had given to him for Christmas one year was turned on.  I had been staying with him before him going into the hospital and that picture frame had not been on the entire time I was there.  My sister got there before me, but says it was on when they got there, so I don't know how it got turned on.  The other incident was when I returned to start cleaning out the house.  On the floor in front of the chair I always sat in were three pennies.  I called them my pennies from heaven.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,299
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Have You Ever Experienced Paranormal Activity?

I know that, but people on TV made a big deal about it, laughing, and I didn't want anyone to think I was poking fun at him @Icegoddess 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,555
Registered: ‎10-25-2010

Re: Have You Ever Experienced Paranormal Activity?

I have had a few encounters with human spirits.  I lived in a home that was quite active.  When we moved, the new owners youngest son also met the " man of the house."

 

i have been visited by many spirits, some were family members, others strangers.  I avoid antique items and antique shops because they are full of spirits.

 

I don't encourage these visits and encounters and I am not happy that I have a "gift"

 

My youngest son also sees and hears spirits, he doesn't mind.  I often remind him not to invite trouble as he might accidently invite a dark entity.

 

Some people don't believe....I didn't either.  I tried to pretend that spirits don't exist, but because they reached out and made themselves known, I have no choice in believing now.

 

If you never had an encounter, thank your lucky stars.  All of the spirits I have encountered have been human. I do believe that evil dark non human spirits exist, but I thankfully, have never been visited by one.  I pray everyday and ask God for protection.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,423
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Have You Ever Experienced Paranormal Activity?

[ Edited ]

@jazzed wrote:

 

I am mystified by those that 'don’t believe' in other worldly activity.  Ghosts/spirits/manifestations are as real as we are. There is so much existing that is not perceived by the senses we experience in this body.

 

Some are loved ones needing assurance and a final goodbye before they leave for the continuing journey we are all on. Some are lost souls. Some are mischievous troublemakers. Some are quite sinister.  

 

 


@jazzed , it's one thing to have your feelings about this but quite another to wonder the reason that some people don't share them.

 

Essentially you are asking a person like me to join you in a belief that cannot be proved. 

 

And finally, I think that the proliferation of beliefs in all sorts of other worldly occurrences -- whether they be magic, or supernatural powers, or crystals, or any New Age-type spiritualism --  have played a big part in our decreasing interest in and knowledge of science.

 

 


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,904
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Have You Ever Experienced Paranormal Activity?


@Kachina624 wrote:

@desertDi.  Did your mom tell you you had too many clothes


@Kachina624   Yes.    It was her opinion that a working woman only needed 1 brown skirt, 1 black skirt, and 5 white blouses.    Of course, SHE never worked....AND owned an enormous wardrobe.   Her opinion was for "other" people.

 

One time, I took her to Big Lots.    I picked up a bottle of nail polish.........and she caused a HUGE SCENE yelling at me because "I already had a nail polish at home".       (In her defense, she had dementia at about 90% according to her MD.)   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,299
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Have You Ever Experienced Paranormal Activity?

I don't understand what our encounter meant ,or the reason for it. I have thought about it for decades, and a scripture passage comes to my mind , be not forgetful to entertain strangers, for thereby, some have entertained angels unaware. I don't know why us, or what was behind it

 

It has stayed with me for 30 years

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,423
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Have You Ever Experienced Paranormal Activity?


@desertDi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@desertDi.  Did your mom tell you you had too many clothes


@Kachina624   Yes.    It was her opinion that a working woman only needed 1 brown skirt, 1 black skirt, and 5 white blouses.    Of course, SHE never worked....AND owned an enormous wardrobe.   Her opinion was for "other" people.

 

One time, I took her to Big Lots.    I picked up a bottle of nail polish.........and she caused a HUGE SCENE yelling at me because "I already had a nail polish at home".       (In her defense, she had dementia at about 90% according to her MD.)   


@desertDi, my mother had no empathy or patience for store clerks or most workers, and yup, she never worked. Oh, my, how she would rant and rave at waiters in a restaurant. We had to stop her once from stomping into the kitchen. That time I recall apologizing as best I could without her seeing me do it.


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,293
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Have You Ever Experienced Paranormal Activity?

The place I was buying before selling and buying the house I'm in now, Well a little girl died there.( I knew the family). I use to hear someone walking down my hallway. And when I was outside my mini blinds which where closed would have a crack like someone was peeking out. One night my livingroom smelled like I was at a Florist Shop. So I called my mom and told her what I smelled, and she said that the old saying was if you smell flowers for no reason that you have a ghost. Well after I moved out a couple with two little girls and a little boy moved in. I saw the couple one day and we got to talking. They said their son will not sleep in his bedroom. Said he cries and tells them their is a little girl in there.

Contributor
Posts: 66
Registered: ‎04-11-2013

Re: Have You Ever Experienced Paranormal Activity?


@CARMIE wrote:

I have had a few encounters with human spirits.  I lived in a home that was quite active.  When we moved, the new owners youngest son also met the " man of the house."

 

i have been visited by many spirits, some were family members, others strangers.  I avoid antique items and antique shops because they are full of spirits.

 

I don't encourage these visits and encounters and I am not happy that I have a "gift"

 

My youngest son also sees and hears spirits, he doesn't mind.  I often remind him not to invite trouble as he might accidently invite a dark entity.

 

Some people don't believe....I didn't either.  I tried to pretend that spirits don't exist, but because they reached out and made themselves known, I have no choice in believing now.

 

If you never had an encounter, thank your lucky stars.  All of the spirits I have encountered have been human. I do believe that evil dark non human spirits exist, but I thankfully, have never been visited by one.  I pray everyday and ask God for protection.


Wow, Carmie, so true. Everything you say here. Graveyards, old stuff - all best left alone. Negativity swirls around us and there are manevolent forces that can take hold. We only need to look at the world around us. 

As for loved ones that some experience, they should be sent on their journey home with love and assurance.  

Your last sentence is so powerful.