Super Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Been Falsely Accused of Somthing You Didn't Do?

I just re-read the OP's posts and must say the OP's situation is bizarre...why on earth would someone think they could get a search warrant for a porcelain figurine of no real monetary value...and why would that someone TELL the supposed thieves about a search warrant in the first place?  Makes zero sense to me - seems like a harrassment tactic that is obviously working...

Frequent Contributor

Oh, let me count the ways.  Yes, yes, and yes!   

Esteemed Contributor

@Sunnyfield Yes, seems that way to me too. 

UPDATE - The Police did catch the thieves on a Video at a Cell Phone Store, an ATM, Wal-Mart, Target, and Costco.  They were also responsible for the porcelain object.  We were never the guitly.  It was a Care Taker who committed Elder Abuse crimes and the offenses are still being uncovered.  

The Accusers put their daughter up to phoning my husband to apologize for the police report and involvement as well as the false accusations.  My husband declined the apology and told the daughter it was her accusing parents that needed to apologize to us themselves.  Cowards.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

Yes I have.  By people who were listening to gossip that wasn't true.  It was a "family" situation, not a workplace issue.

There is nothing that I detest more than being judged based on lies and gossip.  If you want to know about me, get to know me.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Trusted Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Sunnyfield Yes, seems that way to me too. 

UPDATE - The Police did catch the thieves on a Video at a Cell Phone Store, an ATM, Wal-Mart, Target, and Costco.  They were also responsible for the porcelain object.  We were never the guitly.  It was a Care Taker who committed Elder Abuse crimes and the offenses are still being uncovered.  

The Accusers put their daughter up to phoning my husband to apologize for the police report and involvement as well as the false accusations.  My husband declined the apology and told the daughter it was her accusing parents that needed to apologize to us themselves.  Cowards.

I am so very sorry that you have been put through all of this, but I am really very happy for you that the police were able to catch these people on video tape, doing things at retail outlets and ATMS.

It's horrible, but at least it connects them to the crimes that they were committing, and the theft that they were trying to accuse you of doing. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

When I was a kid maybe 8 or 9 years old I was accused of breaking a figurine in my grandmothers parlor. No one would believe me that I didn't break it and it devasted me. Weeks later my uncle admitted that he and his girlfriend broke it and never owned up to it even though they knew I was blamed. I never forgave them for it and here I am 60 years later telling this on a forum. It's a terrible thing when people do not believe their children.

Shame on the uncle and his girlfriend for letting you, a child, take the blame for what they did. That really makes me mad.

I know! I thought the same exact thing when I read that. I am sorry but this had to be a pretty low life adult to let a child take the blame and the heat for something like this! Terrible, and sorry that you had to go through that blackhole99.

I have not been accused of doing anything I didn't OP. Sorry you are going through this. Can you share what it is you are being accused of?

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

LR, do you have an atty?  My understanding is that they can't get a warrant to search your home unless there is probable cause.  Usually meaning some kind of evidence.  No?

No evidence.  However, those accusing have a daughter who is in Law Enforecement and she can put things a certain way to make things look bad.

I am sorry you are going through this. This sounds really crazy. Even though she is in law enforcement she still has to have a judge sign a search warrant so she will still have to have some sort of probable cause. 

Also what would be the point to let you know ahead of time? If you did take something obviously you wouldn't leave it around knowing they were getting a search warrant. I just want to say, I totally believe that you did NOT take anything, I was just giving an example of why them telling you they were getting a search warrant was really dumb.

Also, please have an attorney present while the search warrant is being executed. If this lady in law enforcement can get a judge to sign off on a search warrant with no probable cause there is no telling what else she could do. I would only deal with them with an attorney present during future interactions. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Yes. But, I consider the source of the accusations and try to move on. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Here?  All the time.  ROTFL!  Smiley Tongue

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Probably. But who hasn't ?