Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Been Falsely Accused of Somthing You Didn't Do?

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Have you retained the services of a good defense attorney?

We are gong to have to but no, not yet.  We don't know what there is to defend and what the alleged charges will be. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

We have been told we will be served with a search warrant for our home.  Ridiculous. 

Things look to us like the one's pointing the finger are actually the one's who are to blame and they are responsible.  Framing us is just too easy but they will slip up and will be exposed. 

For those who have never had such an incident, until you do, you will never know how many thoughts go through your mind and how much you feel attacked by others inconsiderate and bullying ways.  It's not fun.

Wow Love Rose, that is insane. It baffles me how relatives turn on each other over petty stuff. I think we all have them to some degree. I hope it works out for you. 

Respected Contributor

I thought this post was going to be about Making a Murderer

Honored Contributor

@jlkz I don't mean any disrespect.  However, Duh?  Do you think so?  Of course I will never get over what she did to me.  I'm a survivor (if you've read any of my childhood you'd know that).

I had a chance that I could have told that person a few months ago that it's being spred around the neighborhood that her husband is a drunk (we were in the yard together).  However, I didn't!  Only because I know it isn't true and because it would upset this person and I care about them too much.  There have been other times I've run into a few others, but I just say hello and don't tell them that I know for a fact, just like she told these people other's business, she is telling their's.  (Are people really that dense)?

I didn't tell this as a way of riding myself of my pain or 'bearing my soul' (as the saying goes).  I told this to answer the OP's question and to let her know it happens (unfortunately) all of the time.

I am lucky because at my age I only have to be around people I like and chose to be around.  I believe in the saying, "what goes around.....comes around".  In other words one cannot go through life without (eventually) life evening out.  I don't wish her unhappiness because I'm a better person than that.  

As shown here, there will always be people who make life difficult for other people.  I think it's because they are so unhappy in their own lives.

I believe we all have lessons and trials in our lives.  It's what we learn from those lessons and how we complete the trials that determine the kind of person we become.  

We have at least two people on these boards whom I see as mirrors for all of us.  They make us look within ourselves by their posts.  

One would be @gloriajean (who gives wonderful, uplifting posts about how wonderful life is and for us to wake up and enjoy it).  The other would be @javala.  She has a way of looking at life and posting things we should be thinking about.  Two wonderful people.

So, in closing.  I appreciate that you took the time to post to me that it is obvious that I am still dealing with this emotional pain.  However, don't give it another thought.  There are many other people here who are dealing with problems far greater than a neighbor hurting their feelings.

I do find it interesting that you can analyze me (emotions and body language) by my post. I hope your talent doesn't go to waste.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

From my iPad I can't read anybody's body language --- thank goodness !!!!

However, when I am in front of someone or a group seminar that I am leading, I have  a proven ability for reading the body language as well as hearing what is not being verbalized--- the third ear or eye, if you will.

No, I haven't read any posts about your childhood.  What I have read of your well written posts over the last year has amply demonstrated your ability to both survive and thrive.

I am sorry that you have suffered at the hands of that neighbor...it must be difficult when you encounter the others who are involved to some degree in your very neighborhood.

The one point I wanted to get across was that when someone repeats / describes a very painful situation, those emotions come back to the surface,  maybe not as strong as the initial onset, but they are there and we go through them again.  A very wise insurance VP gave me this very good feedback as he stopped the job interview and shared his insight that I was still "bleeding" from the mistreatment I had gotten from my previous employer.

Although I left with an excellent financial package, the emotional pain was still there...and I was oblivious to this fact.

( don't know why this post went to small print......)

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Have you retained the services of a good defense attorney?

We are gong to have to but no, not yet.  We don't know what there is to defend and what the alleged charges will be. 

I agree with your decision to wait and see.  Maybe this guy's daughter will be able to shake some sense into him. 

Might be a good idea to do a little research ahead of time to decide on who you will call if necessary.

Respected Contributor

Yes, but it was not something I did, but something I said according to my MIL (monster in-law) during a phone conversation. She loved to stir up trouble with all her relatives. Never really had something nice to say about anyone. She did pass away last Summer, and I must say life has been more peaceful since. I hope she is now happy and at peace.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moretofollow wrote:

Have You Ever Been Falsely Accused of Somthing You Didn't Do?

Off the boards, no never.  On the boards, yes by a crackpot and her mindless followers.  

Yup. Me,  too.  It's amazing how some people on the boards can twist words and project. Smiley Tongue

"I contend that we are both atheists . I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."  Stephen Henry Roberts

Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

It's just unbelieveable.  I guess it would be called theft.  It was my late MIL's porcelain figurine which wasn't of any value and I was supposed to have something.  Now, we are called on the carpet about it.  We know the distant relative that accused us is a suspect for missing things in the house as they had a key and easy access.  They turned things around and falsely accuse us.  There will be a search warrant issued for my home and of course, the authorities will find zilch as there isn't anything to hide or to feel badly about. Being falsely accused is wrong especially when those accusing have much to be accountable themselves. 

Wow so sorry Love Roses that you have to be put through this. I hope it all works out for you. What a terrible person the relative is.

Super Contributor

I have been following this topic for a few days and have been amazed at the number of people falsely accused.  That this kind of thing happens so often says much about those who accuse.  There ae a lot of mean spirited people out there.  As one who has been falsely accused, all I can say to those of you who have been maligned is just remember who you are.  Those accusing you have not only lost their true sense of self, they are casting themselves into a dark place.

The thing that gives life its greatest significance is the capacity to care