Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Been Falsely Accused of Somthing You Didn't Do?

I once worked for a boss who turned on me, and it got so toxic that I had to quit, so I then turned around and sued the group for constructive discharge, where I prevailed. I discovered right before I left that he was embezzling, but no one would listen. Ten years later, he was caught, it amounted to ten million dollars. I went to federal court for his sentencing (it involved Medicare funds). Like I told the FBI agent who interviewed me, the wheels of justice turn slowly, but they do turn. Keep your chin up and your head high. Even if it is only you who knows the truth.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Valued Contributor

I have by co-workers in the past.   I had a supervisor who was new once give me a bad review only to keep my salary (I was a long time employee and was earning the top of my salary range) from exceeding hers with a better review.

I also have been falsely accused by siblings in probate.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, even to the point of taking a lie detector test and then having to go with 2 others to the security main office to take a second one.  This was a company I had worked at for several years.  At least after the 2nd detector test, they told me they knew I wasn't guilty the 1st time I was tested.  They didn't want the real guilty party to get nervous and do the RUN trick.

The take away from this was LIE DETECTOR tests aren't fun.

Just don't panic. The truth always wins out.--------tdEbear

Valued Contributor

No, I'm usually guilty of that which I'm being accused.  lol  Seriously though, in reading some of these responses, I can certainly sympathize.  That's a terrible thing to carry with you.  I agree that, without knowing your situation, you can only make your voice heard and then move on with your head held high, knowing you are in the right.  The rest is on them.  Good luck to you!

Hi there @MaggieMack!  Hope you've been well, my dear!!

Esteemed Contributor

It's just unbelieveable.  I guess it would be called theft.  It was my late MIL's porcelain figurine which wasn't of any value and I was supposed to have something.  Now, we are called on the carpet about it.  We know the distant relative that accused us is a suspect for missing things in the house as they had a key and easy access.  They turned things around and falsely accuse us.  There will be a search warrant issued for my home and of course, the authorities will find zilch as there isn't anything to hide or to feel badly about. Being falsely accused is wrong especially when those accusing have much to be accountable themselves. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

LR, do you have an atty?  My understanding is that they can't get a warrant to search your home unless there is probable cause.  Usually meaning some kind of evidence.  No?

Trusted Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

It's just unbelieveable.  I guess it would be called theft.  It was my late MIL's porcelain figurine which wasn't of any value and I was supposed to have something.  Now, we are called on the carpet about it.  We know the distant relative that accused us is a suspect for missing things in the house as they had a key and easy access.  They turned things around and falsely accuse us.  There will be a search warrant issued for my home and of course, the authorities will find zilch as there isn't anything to hide or to feel badly about. Being falsely accused is wrong especially when those accusing have much to be accountable themselves. 

The evidence of "I think she stole the worthless figurine" is not enough justification for a warrant. If your relative goes into the magistrate's office with this story wanting to file an affidavit to issue a warrant, I wouldn't be surprised if your relative gets thrown out of the magistrate's office, and told to get a life.  Unless they have photographic evidence, or multiple witnesses that either witnessed the theft or saw the porcelain in your home, I think you don't have anything to worry about.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

LR, do you have an atty?  My understanding is that they can't get a warrant to search your home unless there is probable cause.  Usually meaning some kind of evidence.  No?

No evidence.  However, those accusing have a daughter who is in Law Enforecement and she can put things a certain way to make things look bad.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I think that a good chunk of all gossip is people falsely accusing others of things that they didn't do. It's an infuriating side of human nature. 

Honored Contributor

LR, You are an honorable and strong woman.  Others have to know that about you.

All of this over a figurine, and with no evidence.  How unjust.