Esteemed Contributor

Have You Ever Been Falsely Accused of Somthing You Didn't Do?

I am currently under the microscope and there's no reason to believe I would do such a thing I'm being accused of.  Has this ever happened to you? 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Been Falsely Accused of Somthing You Didn't Do?

That's a vague post. What were you accused of? Murder? Theft? Calling in sick when you weren't?

We need more details, please.

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I am currently under the microscope and there's no reason to believe I would do such a thing I'm being accused of.  Has this ever happened to you? 

@Puzzle Piece

No, I haven't, but LR this is terrible.  I'm so sorry you're going through this.

I hope it's nothing serious, I would hate to think you have to shoulder such a burden.

Honored Contributor

When I was a kid maybe 8 or 9 years old I was accused of breaking a figurine in my grandmothers parlor. No one would believe me that I didn't break it and it devasted me. Weeks later my uncle admitted that he and his girlfriend broke it and never owned up to it even though they knew I was blamed. I never forgave them for it and here I am 60 years later telling this on a forum. It's a terrible thing when people do not believe their children.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I am really sorry that is happening. It is so frustrating, to say the least. 

Been under that microscope myself. 

People judge and act like they are beyond reproach. 

It is really important to vent and talk. You stay strong. ✊

Valued Contributor

Yes I have and still to this day haven't quit thinking about it.

beckyblu

Valued Contributor

Haha. Yes I have. I won't go into detail much except to say it has a lot to do with why my ex husband is my EX.

I have also been accused of having feelings that I don't have...example, being told by someone I see every day "I KNOW you are angry about _______" when I honestly couldn't give a fig about whatever this person was blathering about. A symptom of someone being so wrapped up in themselves that they assume I am wrapped up in the same. Narcissistic much?

Anyhow. You have my sympathy. It is maddening and frustrating and depending who it is and what it concerns, demeaning, demoralizing, and disrespectful. 

Respected Contributor

StillFuntoShop wrote:

I am really sorry that is happening. It is so frustrating, to say the least. 

Been under that microscope myself. 

People judge and act like they are beyond reproach. 

It is really important to vent and talk. You stay strong. ✊

To this day something I did in the long ago past was misunderstood; the event did occur but my motive for doing it was not understood by the people involved.  Though I did try to explain, my explanation was never accepted.  My conscience remains clear however.

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

When I was a kid maybe 8 or 9 years old I was accused of breaking a figurine in my grandmothers parlor. No one would believe me that I didn't break it and it devasted me. Weeks later my uncle admitted that he and his girlfriend broke it and never owned up to it even though they knew I was blamed. I never forgave them for it and here I am 60 years later telling this on a forum. It's a terrible thing when people do not believe their children.

Shame on the uncle and his girlfriend for letting you, a child, take the blame for what they did. That really makes me mad.

Super Contributor

I think many of us have been falsely accused at some time in our lives.  It is hard to bear the injustice of lies.  I have experienced tribulation lately and something was posted to me just today by IG:  You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.  This resonated deeply within me.  I hope it encourages you.

The thing that gives life its greatest significance is the capacity to care