Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have I got a question for you! Whose live performance would you like to go see?

Michael  Buble... up close!😍

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Re: Have I got a question for you! Whose live performance would you like to go see?

[ Edited ]

Andrea Bocelli.  

I had the pleasure of seeing Pavarotti and Domingo in person back in the 70s/80s.  

For those who are no longer among us ... I would have loved to see Leonard Cohen and Rod McKuen.

ETA:  almost forgot:  also the departed Jacques Brel and Charles Aznavour.

Respected Contributor

I've had the priveledge of seeing Neil Diamond on 4 different occasions here in Denver.  Had great seats, like 4th row great.  What a performer.  

My bucket list item is to be at Heinz Field  to watch the Steelers play.  I'd have to be at field level, of course.

Trusted Contributor

Nicholas Brothers. Not 'Ball Room Dancers', but outstanding dancers.

Contributor

bikerbabe, If you get the chance, definitely go see Bruno Mars! It’s the best show I have ever seen!
Awesome!
Honored Contributor

I've seen both Sinatra and Neil Diamond ....  would love to see Streisand.   

A friend saw Bruno Mars and wasn't impressed, so the comments here surprise me.   Hmm.

Trusted Contributor

Foo Fighters. I saw them twice last year, and the shows were pure joy.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal Would love to see Barry Manilow again.  (Saw him twice at Radio City Music Hall with friends.)  Don't think he tours any longer.

I bought Manilow's CD when he was featured on QVC a few years back and gave one to a fellow fan at work as a surprise gift, which thrilled her.

Any music venue in New Orleans--hoping to visit again next year.

Old Crow Medicine Show is on my list to see again.  Last I knew they still tour.  Folk singer John McCutcheon again.

And if only Pete Seeger was still with us I'd go see him and the Weavers again as well as Peter, Paul, and Mary, and Joan Baez. 

I saw Sammy Davis, Jr. live at the Oakdale way, way back in the 70's in CT.    He gave a performance above and beyond expectation.

George Baker for jazz and he still performs in intimate settings.  The Mitchell-Ruff duo of the Duke Ellington series at Yale.  

Scored free tickets via a radio promotion to see George Benson at Fort Adams in Newport, RI  in late 70's.

Too many other performers, Broadway musicals, etc., to list.  I love live entertainment and for certain venues and music performers it is possible to see them virtually free or with a minimal cover or two beverage charge.

Theatres often have last minute or "stand-by" tickets at extremely low rates, and a tiny percentage for free.  Kennedy Center does this, I've just discovered, so explore the opportunities.

By the way, some high school plays, musicals, and concerts are excellent and extremely inexpensive.  And you are supporting potential future stars.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

MANY years ago we gave my mother a ticket to see a Liberace concert .....  a very, very good seat .....  and she was sure he was flirting with her.  LOL   

The three months anticipation until the concert were just as much fun for her .... she was SO excited to have the concert to look forwad to, planning her outfit  ...   I bet it was one of her favorite Mothers Day gifts of all time.

I post this because Mother's Day is coming up ......

Esteemed Contributor

definitely expensive....especially when i bring daughter, DIL, and best friend...my treat!  this will be the 6th summer he's been at fenway....i live in RI....my husband keeps asking me if this will be his last performance there....i hope not!!