Trusted Contributor

Re: Haunting Account Of Titanic Passenger

Interesting and haunting, thanks for sharing @Mersha 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@Mersha , 150 of the victims are buried in my city, Halifax, NS.  They were taken here partly because it was a major centre from which other remains could be transported to their families.  There is a permanent Titantic memorial display at our Maritime Museum of the Atlantic on Halifax waterfront.  It is a favorite site for the cruise ships and tourists.  LM

I've been to that museum.  Very moving.

Honored Contributor

Anyone read the "Dear America" series? A great one is "The Diary of Margaret Ann Brady".Fiction,of course,but great narrative.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for posting this article. It was so sad and interesting. I've seen that movie so many times, I lost count. I am not a fan of the water or cold, so this story always left me with my heart in my throat. Such a tragedy for so many.

Honored Contributor

I knew about the Titanic, but after a guided visit to the gravesites in Halifax in 1980 have always followed news.

I always reminds me how fragile our place on earth is, and how little say we humans often say about what happens.  We think we have it all figured out.  And we don't. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I knew about the Titanic, but after a guided visit to the gravesites in Halifax in 1980 have always followed news.

I always reminds me how fragile our place on earth is, and how little say we humans often say about what happens.  We think we have it all figured out.  And we don't. 

@Sooner   Good point.

I bet the majority of passengers boarded the Titantic totally convinced the ship was unsinkable and there was no danger.

It reminds us again there are no guarantees in life.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Super Contributor

This is another moving story of  a couple who died on the Titanic:

https://www.today.com/popculture/great-grandson-elderly-titanic-couple-shares-their-real-story-t1200...

Honored Contributor

Wow - that is a moving story @Tuffcookie .  I wonder if he tried to insist that Ida get on that lifeboat?  She sure was brave to volunteer to stay.  

Super Contributor

It is hard to imagine that kind of devotion!

Honored Contributor

Years ago I read so many books and accounts of the Titanic sinking.  Stories of courage, sadness and tragedy.  This is a new story for me and I thank you for sharing it, Mersha.