Re: Hats off to this person.

An amazing idea!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Why is there no nest inside the basket. 

Honored Contributor

It looks like a blackbird.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay wrote:

It looks like a blackbird.

@on the bay 

I think you might be right. Google Lens is showing a blackbird, too. The shape of the beak matches that of a blackbird.

Blackbirds and robins are related. They belong to the same family and genus of birds.

Honored Contributor

I didn't google the image but I have a lot of birds in my yard I watch every day. That couldn't be a robin I knew and not a crow so what other bird is black like that? A blackbird.

We do have blackbirds here too.  Also bluejays, wrens, cardinals, that make loud single chirp noises, and mockingbirds, one of my favorites because they like human voices.

I just had 5 baby wrens hatch and hop out of the nest made by their mother and father on a folded up camp chair I had on my deck. It was so wonderful and fascinating to watch them every day. The parents were wonderful.

The mother must have told them to go back in the nest the first night after they hopped out and flew a little. That is very unusual. Then they flew away in the morning after plopping again out of the chair. I will miss them. I am so lucky to have seen that so near and every day. I'm so glad they all made it and I hope I see them around. I learned to know their calls to each other.

I did not know that blackbirds are related to robins! That is very interesting.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Super Contributor

That is so kind and clever!! Every year we have a nesting dove on our rain gutter and I fret because our desert winds are so strong. I would never have thought of this so thank you for sharing.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pezzie  Such a cute photo Smiley HappyHeart

Super Contributor

Some people are angels on earth.
Esteemed Contributor

We have a robin nesting above our front porch light. She has string hanging and sticks sticking out all over. We try to be quiet going in and out and never turn the light on. We have wrens in the back.  We love birds❤

Trees are the lungs of the Earth