Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hate seeing horses used in crowds

@Pearlee 

I didn't know that, but it doesn't surprise me.

If they don't feed their horses, I doubt the dogs fare any better.

Respected Contributor

Not me, I like to see more mounted patrols...the mass of the horse get crowds to move without harming them or the officer & that's a good thing.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
The Amish that run puppy mills don't treat dogs very well either. 😥

@Pearlee  You are spot on.  I frequently see dogs listed on dog adoption sites that were rescued from Amish puppy mills.

The conditions there are deplorable and dogs are in bad shape.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kitcat51 wrote:

Not me, I like to see more mounted patrols...the mass of the horse get crowds to move without harming them or the officer & that's a good thing.

@kitcat51 But we don't know what the protesters or anybody else may do to the horses...  that's the problem with your theory.

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

@kitcat51 But we don't know what the protesters or anybody else may do to the horses...  that's the problem with you theory.

@KatieB, I don't believe that the actual protesters would intentionally hurt animals. Others, who knows?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@ Mersha. Exactly and thanks for confirming. Almost all (if not all) legislation introduced in my state to stop the inhumane treatment of animals is aimed at the numerous Amish puppy mills located here. The mills are horrid.
Esteemed Contributor

I hate to see horses used in movies too.

AND..........

I hate that Horse Racing in NJ is about to reopen!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

i like them also......they are a big presence and i enjoy watching them and actually feel safe knowing they are around.

we have them in baltimore also. they are the oldest continuously operated mounted unit police in the usa.....existing since 1888.  it really is best if you do not touch them while they are on patrol.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I hate to see horses used in movies too.

AND..........

I hate that Horse Racing in NJ is about to reopen!!!!!!

We've had continuing deaths here in SoCal racing tracks. I've lost count of the number. @MalteseMomma 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland