Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Every year at the end of growing season cases of Hatch chilies are brought up from NM and are roasted in the roasters pictures...they’ve been in recent yrs around 18.00 a case roasted...you then let them cool and bag them up and freeze them for cooking later on...it’s a Southwest tradition....DW

Trusted Contributor

@Oostende @Yes Durango has changed....there are a lot of people here now year round...it is sad about Francisco’s....we loved that place...the food and atmosphere...

We’ve been here since 1977..there are few business that are still around..lots of the “old timers” gone...but I think it’s like that everywhere...time goes on...

So glad you enjoyed your visit here...come again....DW 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Never heard of this “roasting Chilis”.........from Washington State here.... 

@SeaMaiden 

chile

chile

Every year in New Mexico we purchase large quantities of green chile and have it all roasted before we transport it home where we don gloves and remove the blackened parts and then place the chile in Ziploc bags to freeze and be used throughout the year in just about everything.

How's that for a long sentence?

It's a lot of work but it's worth it. Woman Very Happy

P.S. You don't want to forget the gloves.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

What do they taste like?

Are they hot?

Do they set your mouth on fire?

@Anonymous032819 

1. Heaven!

2. They can be.  Or they can be mild.

3. Sometimes!  And the fire doesn't stop there...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~